Odd Job Hat Offer

A freind of mine is making a short run of these (probably less than 10)...below is the information and if you want to jump on one of these his email is below.

Here's the note:
.................................................. ...................

Dave,

Thanks for your questions. Finding the proper hat was quite a chore. I had almost given up until I bumped into a couple 3rd generation tailors who were kind enough to track down the correct piece. It is felt, period accurate and size large. (Sakata was a big boy!)

Anyway, the metal ring has been machine cut and then formed to the proper fit on a shop press. A faux blade has also been added to the edge prior to a final polishing.

Attaching the ring to the brim was tricky. It was clam-shelled on a press, forcing the adhesive to bond with the brim.

The end result is what you see below. I had intended to only do a couple of these for myself and friends. But, there does seem to be a bit of an interest among others. I am going to offer a super small run of these, priced at 149.00 shipped in the U.S.

These would be made to order so a pre-order would be necessary. Turnaround time would be about 3 to 4 weeks. Placing delivery time sometime in December for certain. Not much wait time at all....

Again, I'd only be able to do a small number of these since the supply of correct hats seems to be limited, too. Feel free to share this information with your friends. This is a first come first served offer since I'll be taking reserves from other forums and expect to run out of spots soon.

I'll gladly answer any questions if you'd like to forward my e-mail to other collectors who may wish to reserve.

Best Regards,

Rylo
Have them contact me referring your name to my e-mail which is cuttingroom@hotmail.com

odd1.jpg

Comments

• scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    Yes a very nice replica indeed. Very similar methods used to my making of a replica of Odd Job's hat ...... (check out my weapons of villany section)

The correct hat is very very.. hard to track down.. Grab these fantastic replica while you can I bet they go QUICK!
  • richardjbrichardjb Waterloo (Belgium)Posts: 25MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    A freind of mine is making a short run of these (probably less than 10)...below is the information and if you want to jump on one of these his email is below.

Here's the note:
    .................................................. ...................

Dave,

Thanks for your questions. Finding the proper hat was quite a chore. I had almost given up until I bumped into a couple 3rd generation tailors who were kind enough to track down the correct piece. It is felt, period accurate and size large. (Sakata was a big boy!)

Anyway, the metal ring has been machine cut and then formed to the proper fit on a shop press. A faux blade has also been added to the edge prior to a final polishing.

Attaching the ring to the brim was tricky. It was clam-shelled on a press, forcing the adhesive to bond with the brim.

The end result is what you see below. I had intended to only do a couple of these for myself and friends. But, there does seem to be a bit of an interest among others. I am going to offer a super small run of these, priced at 149.00 shipped in the U.S.

These would be made to order so a pre-order would be necessary. Turnaround time would be about 3 to 4 weeks. Placing delivery time sometime in December for certain. Not much wait time at all....

Again, I'd only be able to do a small number of these since the supply of correct hats seems to be limited, too. Feel free to share this information with your friends. This is a first come first served offer since I'll be taking reserves from other forums and expect to run out of spots soon.

I'll gladly answer any questions if you'd like to forward my e-mail to other collectors who may wish to reserve.

Best Regards,

Rylo
    Have them contact me referring your name to my e-mail which is cuttingroom@hotmail.com

odd1.jpg

Hi The Mantis,
    Thank you for sharing this information with us.
    You are not only the best but also very "gentlemen".
    I have sent a mail to Rylo and hope a positive answer.
    Kind regards.
    Richard
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Thank you for the compliment...! Want to let everyone know these are almost sold out...makes a wonderful Xmas present to yourself!
  • richardjbrichardjb Waterloo (Belgium)Posts: 25MI6 Agent
    Today I received a box from Rylo with my Odd Job Hat.
    It is a wonderful replica, so accurate !
    I am really happy.
    Thank you The Mantis to kindly share with us your informations.
    Have a great year.
    Richard
  • KleynenKleynen BelgiumPosts: 396MI6 Agent
    Very nice for you all.
    But I'm not happy! Apparently Mr. Rylo thought I was a fraud and refused to sell to me. (Maybe because I 'm Flemish.)
    I showed him almost 90 positive feedbacks on Ebay. But this made him even more suspicious.
    Never mind I 'll build my own. I 'm not going to beg for it.
    Happy New Year!!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I am really sorry to hear this. I can say that in years of dealing with Rylo he has never been difficult but I respect the fact that different people have different experiences.
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    have a look at my replica and you know where I am if you want one just contact me.

its in the weapons of villany section