Top 10 Lamest Action Scenes

13»

Comments

• Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    CTrent49 wrote:
    1. Bond does battle with a tarantula in DN.

2. Bond's "judo" match with Pussy Galore in GF.

3. Attempt to escape from Osato's men on the docks in YOLT.

4. The moon buggy chase in DAF.

5. Finale on Blofeld's rig in DAF.

6. A great car stunt ruined by a kazoo in TMWTGG.

7. Ski boarding to a "Beach Boys" tune in AVTAK.

8. Bond and Elekra flee attack by Renard's men on skis in TWINE.

9. Laser fight aboard Drax's space station in MR.

10.Bond fights several of Carver's men at Berlin party in TND.

To each their own, but many on your list I enjoy. Numbers 6,7 and 8 I agree the rest I enjoy. Bond's fight with Craver's men in TND was exceptionally well done IMO.
  • m6chanm6chan Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    My absolute lamest action scene was LALD where Bond kills Baron Samedi. The setup was pretty good until Bond killed him in less than 5 seconds. Pure rubbish!
  • Walther PPKWalther PPK Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    1.AVTAK fire truck chase with police

2.DAF Oil rig climax,I agree the place and over all action in YOLT and OHMSS climax were alot better.

3. TMWTGG Fight with Nick Nack on the Junk

4. LTK bar fight,in a B action movie yes, in a James Bond film no way

5.DAD CGI parasurfing

6. DAF fight with Wint and Kidd

7. DAD fight with Graves on airplane, they should have dumped the Robocop style suit with the shock glove.

8.DAD fight with Mr. Kil, looked like some from a direct to video sci fi movie.

9. AVTAK warehouse fight with Zorin's goons, very poorly staged compared to the fight with Grant in FRWL or the fight with Odd Job in Goldfinger

10.MR Laser battle in space
  • Harry PalmerHarry Palmer Somewhere in the past ...Posts: 325MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    First, thanks to Napoleon for this very interesting thread. Now, here's my humble two-cent contribution:

GE: I actually like the PTS; but I offer the overdrawn tanker chase for your consideration. Both silly and mistimed. A serious blemish in an otherwise well-paced film. There should be a smiley with a yawn somewhere.

AVTAK: the twin sister of the above scene is the fire-engine chase. Enough has been said about it: it's banale, childish, not witty, not exciting. The Stacey Sutton of action sequences.

DAF: Leaving Las Vegas... Maybe I just hate the car. Or maybe I hate chases that seem thrown in just for the sake of clocking some mayhem-and-destruction time. It's Bond not the Blues Brothers.

MR: sorry, this one is purely subjective, but I can't stand to see all that glass getting shattered.

MR: Motorized gondolas, pigeons doing the double-take... what's next--an invisible car?

MR: Bond in space... about as gripping as watching Moore waltz in slow-motion

TMWTGG: The escape from the martial arts school... They're not even trying to fit this scene into a credible plot sequence. And I never quite understood what's the deal with the two sisters.

DAD: Never mind the fans who are emotionally invested in the series and take pride in it... that CGI is an insult to anybody's intelligence.
    1. Cr, 2. Ltk, 3. Tld, 4. Qs, 5. Ohmss, 6. Twine, 7. Tnd, 8. Tswlm, 9. Frwl, 10. Tb, 11. Ge, 12. Gf, 13. Dn, 14. Mr, 15. Op, 16. Yolt, 17. Sf, 18. Daf, 19. Avtak, 20. Sp, 21. Fyeo, 22. Dad, 23. Lald, 24. Tmwtgg