Comments

• TylerTyler Posts: 184MI6 Agent
    Anyone who wanted these, got them a long time ago.
    Never fear the event
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,816Chief of Staff
    Tyler wrote:

That's not strictly true at all.

Thanks for the link ke02eww - just wish I was anywhere near a medium :#
    YNWA 97
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Tyler wrote:

Guess that's why there are 17 bids and they are at

$200 :))

If they goto $300 i'll put one of my 3 pairs on to help fund the madagascar shirt... :007)

BTW Thx Sir Miles...-{
    17 bids between 3 bidders who have no god damn clue! anyhoo....
    Never fear the event
    Tyler wrote:
    17 bids between 3 bidders who have no god damn clue! anyhoo....

Or 3 bidders who just want the trunks ? ;)
    YNWA 97
    easy dude!, anyone would think you're selling these trunks?? look at their bidding! they have no clue, great for the real seller though
    Never fear the event
    No my friend, I don't have a pair to sell - well, if they really have NO clue, it will be an expensive lesson. But there is obviously still a demand for these.
    YNWA 97
  • Head of SectionHead of Section Northern NJPosts: 204MI6 Agent
    I'm confused. Maybe it's cause I'm still a newbie.

Why do the people bidding on the Perlas have 'no clue'?
    "Resurrection."
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    I think the point Tyler is trying to make is starting a bididng war on someting so early is not the cleverest thing to do.

On ebay you want to wait till the last minute beofre you bid
  • cozumel_divercozumel_diver Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    They are almost impossible to find. I looked for months and see larges selling on Ebay between $400 up to $660. There are two larges for sale I know of right now:
    There is a large pair for sale right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-JAMES-BOND-La-Perla-Grigioperla-Lodato-Swim-Trunks_W0QQitemZ260185599452QQihZ016QQcategoryZ15690QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Also, there is a large on www.webauctionpros.com for sale.
  • delon64delon64 RiyadhPosts: 176MI6 Agent
    have you put on weight sir miles?...you werent chubby when i met you...too much good living...it will be gout for you next old son
    delon64 wrote:
    have you put on weight sir miles?...you werent chubby when i met you...too much good living...it will be gout for you next old son

No my friend, possibly a pound or two lighter since we last met in fact - but it is dashed decent of you to say -{

I can't even blame an XL size on being large in the erm... 'trouser department' either ;% - I just find Italian clothing is cut rather snug :D

And, delon64, if your back round these parts soon....... -{
    YNWA 97
  • Shatterhand67Shatterhand67 Safe HousePosts: 424MI6 Agent
    Has anyone tried Le Bra in Los Angeles? I bought mine there about 6 weeks ago. At the time I think they had about 20 left in each size. Their website is www.lebralingerie.com

I can't remember the exact price but I think I paid around $140.

I'm a 34 waist and I bought the XL. I read that Craig wore XL's in the movie as well.

Happy hunting.
    "I musht be dreaming."
  • Head of SectionHead of Section Northern NJPosts: 204MI6 Agent
    I'm a 34 waist and I bought the XL. I read that Craig wore XL's in the movie as well.

You are a 34 waist and you bought the XL? How did you find the fit? I would imagine it would be slightly loose?
    "Resurrection."
  • cozumel_divercozumel_diver Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    I am a 32 waist....after working out like mad this summer....I tried a medium, too small, then I tried a large and it was better, but seemed too small still. The XL turned out to be just right. Not loose at all. I'm just over 6', 180 lbs. So it worked out well in the long run. I didn't feel just right in a large.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,495MI6 Agent
    I'm about the same, the XL fit well.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Well, it's the first time I've worn a swim suit such as that since the early to mid 70's when I was in grade school. I wouldn't describe them as loose...but they did have some wrinkles in them. When I watched the movie on dvd I think the fit was pretty similar in that there were some wrinkles in the ones DC wore. I don't know what DC's actual waist measurement was. I'm guessing in the 33 range but I read his Lodatos were XL's. The article I read that in I think was an article about La Perla. Apparently Sasha Baron Cohen's girlfriend bought him the same pair in a small (he's built like a rail) and the writer mentioned that Craig's were XL's.
    "I musht be dreaming."
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    I read the same article but it seemed more like a comedic dig at not their size but their "size".
    While Craig beautifully fills out his size XL man-kini, Sacha will have to be content making "romantic explosion" in a size Small. Wawaweewa!

http://de.tmz.com/2006/12/21/borat-makes-sexytime-in-007s-suit/
    Yeh, you may be correct about the comedic way it was used. I wasn't sure if that was to be taken literally or not.

But...assuming that Craig is a 33 or so waist that would probably explain the few wrinkles in the suit.

Of course there was also the article in which Dame Judy referred to Craig's snake as a "monster" so maybe that was where the article was going...who knows.
    "I musht be dreaming."
    edited December 2007
    I'd just like to publicly thank Bondtoys for helping me to acquire a pair of these - he's one of the most helpful, and trusting, people I've come across - along with the founder of this thread !

Thanks again -{
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    also ;%

Sir Miles, I know, that you want to share your happiness about your new gadgets with us. So, I have a brilliant idea:

A full body pic with your new Grigio Perlas in action? :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:
    also ;%

Sir Miles, I know, that you want to share your happiness about your new gadgets with us. So, I have a brilliant idea:

A full body pic with your new Grigio Perlas in action? :D

Just how 'happy' would I have to be in them :)) ;%

I really couldn't put you all through that - it is supposed to be the season of goodwill after all :D

Thanks again -{
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    oooooh, and I thought, that now, that you have the XL size, all errr... gadgets can be well hidden.

Goodwill is good, but what really counts, is the action!

Happy Holidays {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!