Craig Gears Up For Bond #22

2»

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited November 2007
    darenhat wrote:
    So it's just ours to f**k up.

This combined with his comment about the series going 'tits up' after a few films doesn't inspire confidence. ;)

Yes...he does love to tweak the chronic naysayers, doesn't he? :D
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,721MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:

This combined with his comment about the series going 'tits up' after a few films doesn't inspire confidence. ;)

We are, indeed, all going to die. ;)
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited November 2007
    "So it's just ours to f**k up."

Well put Danny! Great choice of words too! I wouldn't change a single one! {[]

Wait, what the? Craig and I agree? :o

Perhaps em is right, armageddon is at hand! :))

See Danny boy, I can be sarcastic too! :p
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    darenhat wrote:

We are, indeed, all going to die. ;)

hahahahahahaha.... :)) I don't know about dying, but I am unsure whether or not Craig's performances will get better after CR. I am looking forward to being pleasantly surprised.
    "We have all the time in the world..."
    Tee Hee wrote:
    "So it's just ours to f**k up."

Well put Danny! Great choice of words too! I wouldn't change a single one! {[]

So you think the script will be fantastic, then? That's a positive.
    Tee Hee wrote:
    See Danny boy, I can be sarcastic too! :p

He wasn't being sarcastic- he was being self deprecating.
    edited November 2007
    emtiem wrote:
    So you think the script will be fantastic, then?

Well considering the script will be in-tune with the reboot and the new "gritty" Bond, both of which I despise, I think it's safe to assume that the script will not be to my taste.

Daniel Craig is not Bond to me. As far as I'm concerned, Craig f**ked up the character the first time around, and I only forsee him doing so in the future. However, he does not deserve all the blame. Others, including the producers, also had a hand in "f**king up the franchise."
    emtiem wrote:

It's hard to tell. Like Loeff's, I think Craig is taking a shot at his detractors here; he must not have forgotten about the attacks on his ability to drive stick, his dislike for guns, etc. Then again, he could also be playing Mr. Modest here, similar to when he spoke of his vulnerabilty to be "chucked" by Eon "after two, three, four, or how ever many more films."

-Roger Moore
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    That does it. I've had it with Craig. Those two remarks in the Times article have caused me to join the nay-sayers.

1) So Haggis wrote a great script and if the film gets f***ed up, he -- meaning Craig -- and the filmmakers will have no one to blame but themselves.

What a piece of s***, he is. How dare he insult the people who oppose him as Bond?

2) What's with the "tits up" remark? he wants to be sure that, before his tenure as Bond is over or the series ends, that he has left behind a modern, vital Bond.

How dare he display such a lack of respect for the character?

The *******! :))
    Looks as if the rumour about Eva Green possibly making a cameo in #22---via a pre-recorded computer file message, etc.---has been shot down:

http://commanderbond.net/article/4696

Also some stuff from Craig on following CR's success, and Paul Haggis on the nature of needed polish for #22's script: "Mostly to adapt it to locations."
    edited December 2007
    Tee Hee wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    So you think the script will be fantastic, then?

Well considering the script will be in-tune with the reboot and the new "gritty" Bond, both of which I despise, I think it's safe to assume that the script will not be to my taste.

Well you and Craig don't agree, then. :)
    Tee Hee wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

It's hard to tell. Like Loeff's, I think Craig is taking a shot at his detractors here; he must not have forgotten about the attacks on his ability to drive stick, his dislike for guns, etc. Then again, he could also be playing Mr. Modest here, similar to when he spoke of his vulnerabilty to be "chucked" by Eon "after two, three, four, or how ever many more films."

Nope- just self-deprecating. He's saying it's going to be a good script and is just saying that he's aware that he and the rest of the team have got a big part to play to ensure that it is translated to the screen as well as possible. I'm sure many like to over-analyse every word he says (which is odd behaviour for someone who doesn't like him, I'd think!) and tweak it to sound like he's spewing venom at everyone who's ever crossed him and proving his own self-hate and inability or whatever, but that really is all he's saying here. He's nervous about doing as good a job as possible and is doing everything he can, along with the the rest of the team, to make a top film.
    What a b*s***d, eh? :D
    edited December 2007
    highhopes wrote:
    That does it. I've had it with Craig. Those two remarks in the Times article have caused me to join the nay-sayers.

1) So Haggis wrote a great script and if the film gets f***ed up, he -- meaning Craig -- and the filmmakers will have no one to blame but themselves.

What a piece of s***, he is. How dare he insult the people who oppose him as Bond?

2) What's with the "tits up" remark? he wants to be sure that, before his tenure as Bond is over or the series ends, that he has left behind a modern, vital Bond.

How dare he display such a lack of respect for the character?

The *******! :))

I know- how dare he display a work ethic and sense of awareness that he's not invincible! {[]
    edited December 2007
    In yet another recent (1st December) article, Craigger talks about the sets having been built on the '008' stage at Pinewood (!) :))

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=5628

Beware, everyone. He's having us on, I think...his PR game is transmitting on a frequency most people apparently aren't able to receive :(|)
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Looks as if the rumour about Eva Green possibly making a cameo in #22---via a pre-recorded computer file message, etc.---has been shot down:

"

All right, some good news, no Eva Green. Bond 22 is looking up!
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent

"

All right, some good news, no Eva Green. Bond 22 is looking up!

Even though I liked Eva a LOT in CR, I'm also glad that she won't be back. The pre-recorded message thing seemed stupid to me, and I'm glad they decided against it.
    emtiem wrote:
    Nope- just self-deprecating. He's saying it's going to be a good script and is just saying that he's aware that he and the rest of the team have got a big part to play to ensure that it is translated to the screen as well as possible.

Maybe you're right.
    emtiem wrote:
    I'm sure many like to over-analyse every word he says (which is odd behaviour for someone who doesn't like him, I'd think!) and tweak it to sound like he's spewing venom at everyone who's ever crossed him and proving his own self-hate and inability or whatever, but that really is all he's saying here. He's nervous about doing as good a job as possible and is doing everything he can, along with the the rest of the team, to make a top film.
    emtiem wrote:
    I know- how dare he display a work ethic and sense of awareness that he's not invincible! {[]

We nay-sayers (especially those of us not harking from CnB) are too often mischaracterized and misunderstood. :(

We don't hate the bloke (He's a fine actor). Moreover, we're not questioning his motivations or his work ethic. :s

Does Craig want to make a great film while at the same time be true to the character? YES! Not a doubt in my mind.

Is Craig giving it everything he's got? Yes! Without question! And I respect and appreciate that. That's how it should be.

I just don't care much for his Bond. So what's wrong with that? ?:)

Talk about the over-anaylsis of words... 8-)

Bottom line: An actor can have an impeccable work ethic and all the right intentions, but that doesn't ensure he's going to be a great Bond.

You may (you have a right to) think that Roger Moore is proof of this assessment. And I respect your opinion. Obviously this is more than can be said of you, putting words in our mouths.

You couldn't be more wrong about us. :p

And just for the record, Loeffs (Pro-Craig) was the first to suggest that Craig may be attempting to "tweak the chronic nay-sayers." Was he trying to smear Craig then too?

Quit trying to paint this holier-than-thou picture of Craig as if he is above all the bulls**t. Craig has addressed his detractors before:

"Screw em'!"

-Daniel Craig

So who's to say he wouldn't again?

-Roger Moore
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure why he would need to. 600 million dollars in the box office proves that he really does not need to listen to or try to change for his naysayers.
  • AlessandraAlessandra Lake Garda, ItalyPosts: 633MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    Tee Hee wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    Nope- just self-deprecating. He's saying it's going to be a good script and is just saying that he's aware that he and the rest of the team have got a big part to play to ensure that it is translated to the screen as well as possible.

Maybe you're right.
    emtiem wrote:
    I'm sure many like to over-analyse every word he says (which is odd behaviour for someone who doesn't like him, I'd think!) and tweak it to sound like he's spewing venom at everyone who's ever crossed him and proving his own self-hate and inability or whatever, but that really is all he's saying here. He's nervous about doing as good a job as possible and is doing everything he can, along with the the rest of the team, to make a top film.
    emtiem wrote:

We nay-sayers (especially those of us not harking from CnB) are too often mischaracterized and misunderstood. :(

We don't hate the bloke (He's a fine actor). Moreover, we're not questioning his motivations or his work ethic. :s

Does Craig want to make a great film while at the same time be true to the character? YES! Not a doubt in my mind.

Is Craig giving it everything he's got? Yes! Without question! And I respect and appreciate that. That's how it should be.

I just don't care much for his Bond. So what's wrong with that? ?:)

Talk about the over-anaylsis of words... 8-)

Bottom line: An actor can have an impeccable work ethic and all the right intentions, but that doesn't ensure he's going to be a great Bond.

You may (you have a right to) think that Roger Moore is proof of this assessment. And I respect your opinion. Obviously this is more than can be said of you, putting words in our mouths.

You couldn't be more wrong about us. :p

And just for the record, Loeffs (Pro-Craig) was the first to suggest that Craig may be attempting to "tweak the chronic nay-sayers." Was he trying to smear Craig then too?

Quit trying to paint this holier-than-thou picture of Craig as if he is above all the bulls**t. Craig has addressed his detractors before:

"Screw em'!"

-Daniel Craig

So who's to say he wouldn't again?

Oh I am with you. I give it to Craig that he's a good actor and that he is definitely putting all his skills in the part to try and make the best possible movie, I have never once said the opposite.

I just think he's totally wrong and miscast for Bond. Others like it, I don't and I never will. It doesn't mean I insult his professionality, it just means I don't think he's the right guy for Bond. He doesn't look or act the part to me at all, but it is only and merely my personal preference.

This said, good luck to him. All I know is I'm not gonna go to the theatre to watch Bond for a long time given how long he's gonna be around, and this doesn't make me happy. :( But better times will come..some didn't like Brosnan, or Moore, or Dalton, some don't like Craig, so that's life... :D
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)