Tomorrow Never Dies Plot Improvement

3rbrown3rbrown MI6 Top Secret - Scotland, GlaPosts: 100MI6 Agent
edited November 2007 in The James Bond Films
Most people belive (rightly so) that TND's plot is one of the most rubbish . 8-)
Do you think it wold be better that insted of destroying the Chinese goverment so the next would give him broadcast rights, he could set up a puppet goverment and have control of one of the world's superpowers? Not to be sniffed at!

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Carver is a media baron who wants to enrich his fortunes; he doesn't want to rule the world. So, sorry, I don't think your scenario would be an improvement.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    That whole section of Carver's plot felt like an after thought. as if added after they realised that Carver wasnt threatening at all.

Maybe they could have improved it by revealing the villian's scheme in a more intelligent way - that could have helped.
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    I thought maybe that someone was being a smart ass and saying that the TND plot improvement would be scrapping the whole thing :v (which sometimes I think would not be a bad idea IMO). Although, as mentioned in other posts there are definitely redeemable scenes etc. in it (the hotel room etc.) The plot that came with the movie is the plot that makes the most sense, it is just a shame that the plot didn't actually make sense on screen. Oh well, what are you going to do but watch another Bond film instead? :007)
    "We have all the time in the world..."