(Double Oh) 7,000 Members!

LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
As I post this, the tally is 6,998 members on AJB -{ Won't be long now...

Continuing congratulations to Simon, and all those who work so diligently to keep this the best Bond fansite on the net B-)

All the best, gents {[]
Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

Comments

• s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Says 6,858?
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    s96024 wrote:
    Says 6,858?

Not on my homepage ;)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,391Chief of Staff
    It's a great feat, and may I join in congratulating Si on providing this great site. Within that c7000, though, how many are the hardcore members who post regularly?
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    How would you define regularly? Like by number of posts or by how much you know other members? Because I say there's a good chunk of us.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited November 2007
    Here's to the ever-growing AJB! -{
    Barbel wrote:
    Within that c7000, though, how many are the hardcore members who post regularly?

It's hard to tell really. For everyone here has their own distinct social network, a network that includes both those who we consider strictly aquaintances as well as those who have become personal friends (of whom we have inside jokes and PM on a regular basis). Although there is a large, close-knit group of us (including everyone who has posted in this thread thus far) of whom everyone knows of and associates with on an occasional, if not daily basis, there are several exceptions. What about one-Forum posters, such as those who spend most or all of their time in the Memorabilia Forum for instance (The Mantis)? What about those who post only occasionally but with such quality that they have become well-known (bigzilcho)? What about members who were once forum regulars but have been banished (bladerunner_ozd), now visit less often (The Cat), are MIA (Moore Not Less), or have left and may or may not return (MBE)? Even Sico, AJB’s founder and creator, seems only to pop in occasionally.

I think it’s best that we don’t try and come up with a figure; we’re just going to leave somebody out! Who are we to judge anyway? ;)

Here’s to 7000 members! {[]

Amidst an array of road apples who pass through AJB (spiderman “No police in Rome” web), we do sometimes occasionally find some gems. :D
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Here's to the ever-growing AJB! -{
    Barbel wrote:
    Within that c7000, though, how many are the hardcore members who post regularly?

It's hard to tell really. For everyone here has their own distinct social network, a network that includes both those who we consider strictly aquaintances as well as those who have become personal friends (of whom we have inside jokes and PM on a regular basis). Although there is a large, close-knit group of us (including everyone who has posted in this thread thus far) of whom everyone knows of and associates with on an occasional, if not daily basis, there are several exceptions. What about one-Forum posters, such as those who spend most or all of their time in the Memorabilia Forum for instance (The Mantis)? What about those who post only occasionally but with such quality that they have become well-known (bigzilcho)? What about members who were once forum regulars but have been banished (bladerunner_ozd), now visit less often (The Cat), are MIA (Moore Not Less), or have left and may or may not return (MBE)? Even Sico, AJB’s founder and creator, seems only to pop in occasionally.

I think it’s best that we don’t try and come up with a figure; we’re just going to leave somebody out! Who are we to judge anyway? ;)

Amidst an array of road apples who pass through AJB (spiderman “No police in Rome” web), we do sometimes occasionally find some gems. :D

No police in Rome? I remember that, but wasn't there another one by him about how buildings in Italy have no elevators and somehow I hijacked the thread and turned it into an AVTAK party? ;)
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited November 2007
    No police in Rome? I remember that, but wasn't there another one by him about how buildings in Italy have no elevators and somehow I hijacked the thread and turned it into an AVTAK party? ;)

Yes, there was. Just looked it up actually. And I must say, it's a fun read. Jetset has a real dagger of a post in there, just as funny the second time around! :D

Ah memories... :D
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    7000...wow we're really getting up there! {[]

yay AJB! live long and prosper!

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:

In a row? :o

:)) You keep walking into it, Tee Hee!
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Very good! :) I'd say that cuurently there is only a maximum of 50 regular posters though :))
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    50 regular posters eh? Hmmm, I would hope there are more, but maybe you're right. Cheers to 7,000 though, that is just great. {[] How does that compare to other fan sites on the net? Does anyone know?

Tip of the hat to those that created this site. It certainly is a fine piece of the Bond fan world.

IDK if this has ever been done or has ever been suggested, but what about a get together or something like that. It would be an absolute blast sometime to get together as many people as possible for a gathering.

However, if only 50-100 people regularly post and they are seemingly from all over the world, then IDK what the turnout would be like. Just a thought for the barrel. Cheers again!!! -{
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Long Live AJB! {[]