JB with Bongos

a rogue AIa rogue AI Posts: 128MI6 Agent
James Bond with Bongos. I am referring to the track (no. 14, I think) from the FRWL score. My question is: where is it used in the film? I am under the impression we never hear it, and if it's so, for what scene was it intended?

Perhaps the one where Bond checks his first hotel room for bugs?

Speaking of FRWL, are there plans for such scores to receive better releases (ie more cues covered)? Soon?

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,344Chief of Staff
    edited December 2007
    Various takes of "JB With Bongos" appear in the film- when the Bulgar notices his car's been stolen, Bonds return to his hotel room, his visit to the Russian Consulate- but the main one is heard as "travelling" music when Bond leaves Moneypennys office and flies to Istanbul.

Yes, it's track 14.

And no, there sadly aren't plans to release augmented/remastered scores anytime soon. I believe in the case of FRWL the original tapes are "missing". There's a recreation of "Zagreb Express" by Nic Raine & the City Of Prague Philharmonic available, but that's about the only "extra" around.
  • Micky DolenzMicky Dolenz Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    That's a great song.

Go to my website: I have all the answers http://www.smoochbaby.com/
  • a rogue AIa rogue AI Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    Thank you, Barbel.

edit: I was erroneously under that impression because, while I often listen to that OST, it's been a while since I last watched the movie. /edit

Micky, welcome to this community.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,344Chief of Staff
    edited December 2007
    a rogue AI wrote:
    Thank you, Barbel.

No problem!