Need Help Finding Exhibit Thread!

superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,653MI6 Agent
Hi,

Within the past week, I saw pics from a Bond props exhibit and came across a miniature figure prop of a US Space Marine in a silver suit, which looked about 18 inches tall. This looked like it was used in the scene where the Marines floated out of the US shuttle's cargo bays and had a "space walk" battle with Drax's troopers. I could have sworn seeing that here, but I've been scouring the Intranet for hours now looking for it! Thank you!
"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....

Comments

• Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    I believe this is the link that you're looking for:

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=29746&cpage=1

I believe it's a photo taken at Planet Hollywood in London, one of many places The Mantis journeyed to during his flying visitoto our capital city.
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,653MI6 Agent
    To quote Prof. Joe Butcher, "Bless your soul!" It was right under my nose...thank you!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:
    To quote Prof. Joe Butcher, "Bless your soul!" It was right under my nose...thank you!

Sometimes we can't see the wood for the trees - then we get a splinter! :D
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:
    Hi,

Within the past week, I saw pics from a Bond props exhibit and came across a miniature figure prop of a US Space Marine in a silver suit, which looked about 18 inches tall. This looked like it was used in the scene where the Marines floated out of the US shuttle's cargo bays and had a "space walk" battle with Drax's troopers. I could have sworn seeing that here, but I've been scouring the Intranet for hours now looking for it! Thank you!

Glad you found the thread you were looking for. It's actually just a standard 12" Action Man figure (G.I.Joe to you and me). If you want to see one close-up, there's one in the Planet Hollywood at Stateline, Lake Tahoe. (I've been sooooo tempted to break in there some night .... )
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    Just give me a time and a meeting location Alan and I will help with breaking the security systems LOL

also we will have to work out an escape plan with all the Bond props.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,653MI6 Agent
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    superado wrote:
    Hi,

Glad you found the thread you were looking for. It's actually just a standard 12" Action Man figure (G.I.Joe to you and me). If you want to see one close-up, there's one in the Planet Hollywood at Stateline, Lake Tahoe. (I've been sooooo tempted to break in there some night .... )

Wow, these pests who happen to be my offspring have been whining about seeing the snow in Tahoe, but I've been playing deaf because of that dreaded Hwy 80 traffic caused largely by other SF Bay Area residents who've caved in to their rugrat tormentors! Hmmm, now I have reason to graciously relent in exchange for a few car waxings!

So Alan, I take it the one in the Tahoe PH is one of several Action Man (which I collect, by the way, the vintage ones and none of the recent anniversary repros) based props created by Derek Meddings' crew?
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:
    Wow, these pests who happen to be my offspring have been whining about seeing the snow in Tahoe ...

Aren't kids great? I love playing with them, slapping their little hands when they try touching my Bond stuff, taking them back to their parents when I've had enough ...
    So Alan, I take it the one in the Tahoe PH is one of several Action Man ... based props created by Derek Meddings' crew?

Yes. Until I went skiing there a few years back, I had never seen one of these figures first hand; they haven't been included in any of the prop exhibitions and none have ever come-up for auction that I know of. The one in London must be a comparatively recent addition as it wasn't there on my last visit ('02).
    also we will have to work out an escape plan with all the Bond props.

As much as I covet that doll ..., er, action figure, if I was really gonna stage a heist I'd aim for PH in NYC; they've got loads of Bond stuff there (Tahoe only has a couple of pieces: the Action Man and Holly's pen ... funny that of all the possibilities, they have two props from the same film and almost in adjoining cases) and some of it not even behind perspex! London PH is the best, of course, but risky; in Tahoe the stuff is shoved in a hall that leads to the men's room ...
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    well wed better break in and give the props a better home in our collection in nice displays LOL

it would be funny if Planet hollywood got robbed and all bond props taken and the investigators searched these forums and me and Alan were the top suspects LOL

Or maybee it was us who did it