Which is your favorite James Bond?

I know that you probably answered this question lots of times, but this new poll popped this question again:
http://www.pollsb.com/polls/poll/4359/which-is-your-favorite-james-bond

Comments

• GoldFingererGoldFingerer Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    Oh, Popped the question huh?
    Brostonbymory is my Bond.
  • Jordan16Jordan16 Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Connery is my favourite Bond. He is witty, charming and dedicated to the job. Also, he is the original.{[]
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,614Chief of Staff
    jeffh83 wrote:
    I know that you probably answered this question lots of times, but this new poll popped this question again:
    http://www.pollsb.com/polls/poll/4359/which-is-your-favorite-james-bond

And again. It's a time-honoured debate, not just on Bond fan forums. In the end it comes down to personal tastes.
  • LonelyriderLonelyrider Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    ABSOLUTELY!!:

Timothy Dalton is the best Bond in the past, now and also in the future!

He did two great Bond -movies and he had SEVEN possibilities to act in the leading role of Bond -movies. I'm so sad because he never got his third chance even he was offered the leading role of Goldeneye, but he didn't want that anymore...after four years contract arguments...

Dalton looks like Fleming's Bond, he act like that Bond, his facial expression is so real, so well and he really devoted in the role of Bond...much more than other Bonds.

I could talk about Timothy Dalton much more but I think this is clear enough to everyone :D
  • TylerTyler Posts: 184MI6 Agent
    Connery. The original, the best. 'Nuff said
    Never fear the event
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    My favourite 4 films are LALD, AVTAK, OP, and FYEO - all spectacular films, and all Roger Moore films. So based on this, I'd say my favourite Bond is Roger Moore. However, when I'm asked who my favourite Bond is, Sean Connery strangley springs to mind. Also, Daniel Craig, although only one film in, has made a brilliant impression on me so far.

Lazenby and Brosnan were the weakest IMO.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    Roger Moore is favorite with Sean Connery at a very close second. I've never been to fond of George Lazenby, he is the worst IMO. -{
  • RavenstoneRavenstone EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    Ah - it's one of those questions you think should have an easy answer, and yet it's never quite that simple! :)

Sean Connery had the right air of danger; Roger Moore was suave and still cold. Timothy Dalton, I felt, was let down by bad scripts on otherwise good films. I think he could have been the best Bond, but he wasn't allowed the same ruthlessness that Connery and Moore had.

Pierce Brosnan only worked for me in Goldeneye. Which is the same as saying that Timothy Dalton should have made it, I suppose. Still, Bond was allowed to be a bit callous again.

Daniel Craig is raw and ruthless, but the sentimentalism towards the end of the film is a bit much. Wonderfully romantic, but at the same time, a bit too mushy. ;)

As for George Lazenby - well, he spoiled what otherwise may have been the best Bond film of all.

So I suppose what I mean is, the Best Bond depends on the material they've got to work with. Except for George Lazenby who was just wrong! Wrong, wrong, wrong! :D

If I had to choose, it would be Sean Connery. Nothing unusual there. But I have a fondness for Roger Moore's portrayal. There are flashes of real callous, cold-heartedness from him at times, which just strikes me as ideal. It's as though the humour and whimsy is just something Bond adopts to create a foppish image of himself. A la Scarlet Pimpernel, perhaps. Anyway, I think Moore is rather underrated, and shouldn't just be dismissed.