Largo (Gilbert)

Bonjour,

first of all let me introduce myself since it is my first visit and post . I'm based in Brussels (speak both french and dutch{[]) and have been collecting sixties tv / pop related toys since 1989 . It all started with 007 toys that i digged out from when i was a kid, and it went on to Batman, Spiderman, Flintstones, Monkees, Twiggy, Green Hornet, U.N.C.L.E, Beatles, Harry Palmer, Gerry Anderson and so on ... I also collect soul and Rhythm & Blues 45s from the mid sixties till early seventies ...
I sold the Gerry Anderson and Batman stuff in the 90s, and it's time for the Beatles to go soon since i will only concentrate on 007, U.N.C.L.E, AVENGERS, SAINT and HARRY PALMER sixties toys and cool stuff (no posters,books,postcards, ...).

after this little introduction here is my question :

does anybody know if the LARGO (Gilbert) hand puppet does really exist, seen in it on an advert with Ilya, JB and ODDJOB ?

another non 007 question but still spy related, rumours have been around about the existence of the following toys, any help appreciated : a John Steed Bowler hat, a Saint laboratory and a U.N.C.L.E "Gilbert" road set ...

i hope to be able to contribute as much as possible to the forum .

best regards

Thierry

Comments

• PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Other than an illustration showing the Largo puppet, I have seen no evidence that one exists. However, included in the same advertising piece is an illustration of the Illya Kuryakin puppet which, until a couple of years ago, I would also have said didn't exist.

I, too have heard rumors about a Steed bowler but have never seen one. Then, again, I don't follow the Avengers as I do Bond.

Nick Bennet who posts here from time to time would be one of the best people to ask about the Gilbert products; he has an illustration, for example -- like that for Largo -- of a Thunderball-based Connery puppet that he seems to think does exist. He might also know something about the UNCLE races set as he's surprised me with several facts on the Bond version. However, your post is the first time I've ever read anything about an UNCLE set.