MI5 & MI6 recruit young people in video games

I read BBC news article which indicated MI5 & MI6 are aggressively recruiting people by putting ads in video games.

The game actual tests a person language skills, dexterity in solving puzzles, hand gun combat skills.

MI5 actually received a huge number of applications since placing ads in games. however, MI5 rejected anyone seeking fame or fanatics. They want people who are quiet and like to remain anonymous.

Comments

• SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    sito wrote:
    They want people who are quiet and like to remain anonymous.

But thats not really people who play the games then is it? there is also the fact that anyone who applies for a job in the secret services from playing these games will most likely want to be what I think in Mi5 is known as a case officer. basically a spy. If I was head of Mi5 I would not pick Splinter Cell gamers or whatever for these roles over people will some sort of military background. However there are some exceptions.

from these advertisments I believe they are after office staff of whatever capacity which probably doesn't interest the average FPS gamer.

What we need to create is some sort of anamatronic soldier or spy that can be controlled from a PC however many miles away. then employ all the hardcore gamers. we would win any war then =D
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    They have advertised on kiss100 alot. You have to be completely average though. I'm too tall at 6'2". If you can speak arabic they will bite you r hand of to have you.
  • SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    Funnily enough they will also bite your hand off if your disabled. because apparently the Secret Services are not furfilling whatever diversity clause the government set up. I doubt you'd get much field work tho'