Best Pacing

Which movie do you think has the best pacing. I hate it when they slow down, or go past when they should have ended.

Comments

• Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    LALD (Although a mediocore Bond film it doesn't go too long or too short)
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    In terms of pacing, Roger Spottiswood did an expert job on TND; it was a very good action film in the '90s manner.

I also liked the styles of FYEO, OP, LTK, GE and TWINE.
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
  • cms64cms64 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    In terms of pacing, Roger Spottiswood did an expert job on TND; it was a very good action film in the '90s manner.

I just watched TND last night. I've never seen 2 hours fly by like that. It almost seems too short.In my top 7 though.
  • LazenbyLazenby The upper reaches of the AmazoPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    OHMSS

Wonderful character and plot development throughout the first half, and then some of the best and most relentless action sequences in the series throughout the second.
  • Harry PalmerHarry Palmer Somewhere in the past ...Posts: 325MI6 Agent
    cms64 wrote:
    I hate it when they slow down, or go past when they should have ended.

Yes, sometimes pacing is a problem in Bond films. For me the best paced Bonds is FYEO followed by LTK, FRWL, OHMSS and TWINE. These are among the few that don't lose steam in the third act. GE too has a well-paced third act, but I find the tank-chase scene in act 2 over-drawn.
    1. Cr, 2. Ltk, 3. Tld, 4. Qs, 5. Ohmss, 6. Twine, 7. Tnd, 8. Tswlm, 9. Frwl, 10. Tb, 11. Ge, 12. Gf, 13. Dn, 14. Mr, 15. Op, 16. Yolt, 17. Sf, 18. Daf, 19. Avtak, 20. Sp, 21. Fyeo, 22. Dad, 23. Lald, 24. Tmwtgg
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,271MI6 Agent
    cms64 wrote:
    I just watched TND last night. I've never seen 2 hours fly by like that. It almost seems too short

I cant agree more, of all Brosnan's movies TND is the most compact, an art recent Bond writers/editors/directors/producers seem to have forgotten; YOLT is the best paced from the '60s, the others all have sections which tend to lag a bit, from the '70s its TSWLM and the '80s FYEO, which married character and plot development while not neglecting the overall thrust of the action. MR is also quite good in this, but it tends to lean towards the action as its plot is basically the same as TSWLM.
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    The best pacing is the books, but for movies I will take GF. It has a leisurely pace, but one I really enjoy. FRWL also has a nice pace.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,282MI6 Agent
    TSWLM gets my vote. It always seems to fly by when I watch it. The action scenes are well edited and the camera never seems to linger too much in any one place. It also helps that there's always something striking to look at, be it the gadgets, locations, Ken Adams' sets, or the girls.
  • Prince Kamal KhanPrince Kamal Khan Posts: 277MI6 Agent
    cms64 wrote:

I just watched TND last night. I've never seen 2 hours fly by like that. It almost seems too short.

Indeed, TND is like YOLT and/or TSWLM for viewers with short attention spans. Not necessarily a criticism from me. TND probably makes for Brosnan's most consistently successful Bond film on the whole.