What a better replica prop for the P99.......

richardjbrichardjb Waterloo (Belgium)Posts: 25MI6 Agent
.....than a real P99 !
Just to share with you.
Cheers
Richard
CIMG0646.jpg

CIMG0644.jpg

CIMG0645.jpg

My new Omega display for the Planet Ocean
CIMG0647.jpg

The script and the nice replica prop from my (Our !)friend Ed (www.thespyboys.com)
SCRIPT.jpg

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Absolutely beautiful...and the display makes it that much more impressive!
  • EagleEagle UKPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    Very nice. I wonder about the watch though - would you not be better off with the screen-used version, rather than the LE? :)
  • richardjbrichardjb Waterloo (Belgium)Posts: 25MI6 Agent
    Hi Eagle,
    You're right, in order to be accurate the limited edition is certainly not the good choice.
    I just have taken what I've received ;-)
    And to be honest, it is not too important for me because I am a heavy partisan of the Rolex (so I wear the Rolex and expose the Omega ;-).
    I know it is a big debate but the Omega are (according to me) not strongh enough (I speak by experience) and not in the spirit of the real James Bond.
    The 3 S of Flemming were Sadism, Sex and Snobism.
    I don't think that wearing a Omega is snob. I have never saw one Aston driver wearing an Omega. A Breguet, an Audemar Piguet, a Breitling or a Rolex,...yes but never an Omega.
    Sorry for this debate but you give me a faboulous opportunity to say what I think about Omega.
    Maybe I have to do a new post about this subject ;-)
    Kind regards.
    Richard
    Eagle wrote:
    Very nice. I wonder about the watch though - would you not be better off with the screen-used version, rather than the LE? :)
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    richardjb wrote:
    Hi Eagle,

I have never saw one Aston driver wearing an Omega. A Breguet, an Audemar Piguet, a Breitling or a Rolex,...yes but never an Omega.

Eagle wrote:

hi richard

sorry to dissapoint you but i own an aston, and drive her wearing my omega sub....

i was wondering how you could tell btw....

then i realised they drive on the right whr u are, so i guess u often see aston drivers with their watch arm hanging out of an open window....

all that said, older rolex are difficult to beat for style, Subtlety and sex appeal.... :007)
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    ke02eww wrote:
    sorry to dissapoint you but i own an aston
    B-) Very nice!
    Hi Eagle,
    Thank you for your answer in this sensitive (and funny) debate ;-)
    I think you are an exception, I said that because I have some old cars, do rallyes and know a lot of people driving Aston (from old DB2 to the actual models).
    Anyway, it is not the watch wich do the man and I am sure you are more classy in your Aston than all the James Bond seen in the films ;-)
    Kind regards.
    Richard

know about 30 people having Aston
    ke02eww wrote:
    richardjb wrote:
    Hi Eagle,

I have never saw one Aston driver wearing an Omega. A Breguet, an Audemar Piguet, a Breitling or a Rolex,...yes but never an Omega.

Eagle wrote:

hi richard

sorry to dissapoint you but i own an aston, and drive her wearing my omega sub....

i was wondering how you could tell btw....

then i realised they drive on the right whr u are, so i guess u often see aston drivers with their watch arm hanging out of an open window....

all that said, older rolex are difficult to beat for style, Subtlety and sex appeal.... :007)
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:
    ...sorry to dissapoint you but i own an aston, and drive her wearing my omega sub....

Omega Sub?

Do you wear that in your Aston Maranello?
    ke02eww wrote:
    ...sorry to dissapoint you but i own an aston, and drive her wearing my omega sub....

Omega Sub?

Do you wear that in your Aston Maranello?

Aston Maranello ??? or Ferrari ?
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    He was making a joke, since KEO2EWW mixed the names for the watches, saying an Omega Submariner, when in fact there is no Omega Submariner, rather an Omega Seamaster and a Rolex Submariner. So, Bill Tanner was mixing the Aston DB9 (or whatever model) with a Ferrari Maranello.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Thx nightshooter, i tgt the gag was lost in translation but at least u caught it.......

i actually wear the omega on one arm and the sub on the other....i'm sure there is a pic of the watches on an earlier post....

but not meaning to demean the Amusing debate, and while i only know half a dozen aston owners, most of whom have butlers to tell them the time (thus removing the need to wear a watch) i just couldn't let the poor old omega get such a battering......

actually i'm just home from my firm's company xmas bash, and was asked twice what the watch i was wearing was.....admitedly once was followed by "do they do a ladies version"?.....

anyway whether you like it or not, some aston owners (i've never driven, owned , nor told the time in a ferrari) like the omega....both seamaster chron and the PO....

Guess this snobery thing is bigger than i'd thought...