Scaramanga's Flying Car

Does anyone know if a toy or model version of this Matador car has ever been produced (the winged version)?
I know AMT made a model kit version some time ago which can sometimes still be found on E:bay but this was purely the car itself and I'm not sure what scale the model was in. I'm looking for one in 1:18 that I can modify and create the wings for if possible.

Thanks

Dave

Comments

• SpectreIslandSpectreIsland spectreislandPosts: 274MI6 Agent
    I bought a wood version of Scaramanga's flying car off Ebay a year ago. I cannot for the life of me remember the company's name (if it comes to me, I'll post it) but they still pop up from time to time. Here's a couple of pics of the one I got. Click on a pic to enlarge it.

th_AeroCar2.jpgth_AeroCar1.jpg
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    The company is Griffin Aerospace. There's an existing thread regarding the model but I'm having no luck finding it at the moment.
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    yes i had the intention of buying the airfix style kit and modifyinging it. A man i spoke to in a model aroplane shop which sells romote control planes told me that it wouldnt be too difficult to make a model which would be romotoe controlled and actually fly.

Well i was thinking they used that methos in the film with a large scale model. So not impossible nothing ever is.