A Fleming Tribute

OK, normally I'm one to give thumbs-down to the idea of tributes in the Bond films (at no time did Bond fans look sillier than when they all but threatened to hold their collective breath until they turned blue unless DAD was dedicated to the memory of Desmond Llewelyn), but I think this might be appropriate. Since 2008 is Ian Fleming's centenary, and since other tributes are in the works--postage stamps, Sebastian Faulks's novel--it would only be right if EON did something to acknowledge the man who created Bond. Of course, it would be great if the title had a Fleming connection (alas, GoldenEye has been used); otherwise, a simple logo at the start of the film, with an image of Fleming and the legend "Ian Fleming Centenary 1908-2008" would be nice. Over to you for thoughts and comments.
Vox clamantis in deserto

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited December 2007
    Couldn't agree more, Hardy. The classic close-up photo (with the cigarette smoke) would be my first choice*...but I'm also a big fan of the one where he's sitting at a desk and aiming a .38 to his left. A tribute to Fleming, to introduce a Bond film (the 22nd!!) released in the year of his centenary, seems quite fitting to me.

I think #22's title really ought to have a Fleming connection of some kind---why not Risico, for crying out loud?? X-(

* Note to self: Need to find an 8 1/2 x 11 photo of that to frame for my office...or else at least scan a copy from a hardback...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    This is a great suggestion....

I recall there was a dedication to Albert Broccoli in the first Bond film after his death.

It would make up for the lack of "based on the novel by Ian Fleming"

Title wise I am voting for "Property of a Lady", but with all the South American locations "Risico" has a more latin sound, even though the original story was set in Italy.
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    I think that is a great idea! Loeff, I had a photographer take a pic of that photo from Pearson's book and framed it!
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Well said Hardy, well said {[]
    207qoznfl4.gif