Picked out my wedding dress!!!

SB_DiamondSB_Diamond North Miami Beach, FLPosts: 126MI6 Agent
Ok everyone, now hopefully you all remember I was recently engaged. Yesterday I went to the bridal shop and finally picked out my dress and I would love to get everyone's opinion on it!

dressmontage1.jpg

Be honest with your opinions, I'm not bridezilla thats going to freak out or anything!
*~Orbis Non Sufficit~*

Comments

• darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    I think it's VERY classy. You have excellent taste! {[]
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    looks gorgeous and as darenhat said, classy. what type of wedding are you having? big/small? inside/outside? church/function area? sorry for the interegation, but my wife and I just got married 6 months ago. how exciting for you!!! keep posting information, it is very exciting to celebrate with you. :D
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,501Chief of Staff
    edited December 2007
    It's beautiful. I was best man at a close friend's wedding recently and his wife wore a very similar dress. She looked fabulous and so I'm sure will you. -{ (If you like, I could email a photo or two so you can compare.)
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    wow! what a gorgeous dress! {[]

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    Any man accompanying you up the aisle ought to feel very proud indeed - that is a magnificent dress, you have excellent taste.

Oh, and many congratulations!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    It's perfectly lovely, SB...you're going to take everyone's breath away... :x :)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • MrsDallowayMrsDalloway Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Beautiful - I only hope the groom (and father) will live up to the high standards you're setting. Men are often so reluctant to dress well, even on their wedding day.
  • Agent_MAgent_M lost in the speed forcePosts: 353MI6 Agent
    ooh mrs d thats a bit harsh! I put on my best suit to propose to my wife. And all she did before hand was complian that I looked stupid dressed up to go to a firework display.(obviously after I went down on one knee she changed her mind). But that is a stunning dress SB
    Purvis,Wade...........GRRRRRRRR!

www.scottacademymartialarts.co.uk
    Agent_M wrote:
    ...all she did before hand was complian that I looked stupid dressed up to go to a firework display.

You should have just said "Z25Y(2AB)6", and returned to your normal self.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,309MI6 Agent
    But if you've already picked it out, SB, why ask our opinion? :s

If we all said it's drek, is the wedding off? :D

Are you the blonde?
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    It's a lovely dress and I'm sure that you'll accentuate it even more. B-)
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • SB_DiamondSB_Diamond North Miami Beach, FLPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    But if you've already picked it out, SB, why ask our opinion? :s

If we all said it's drek, is the wedding off? :D

Are you the blonde?

Well I ask your opinions because I still have the option to pick a different dress, but seeing how everyone seems to like it, I think I'll stick to this one. No I'm not the blonde (I'm a brunette actually) this is just the online photo of the dress. As for the type of wedding, I originally wanted to do a comtempory wedding the theme being monochromatic, white and red, but when I pick this dress (which didn't fit at all with the theme) I decided to go for a more classic wedding (in a non-denominational church) with the color wine for the bridesmaids instead of red. Still don't know where I want the reception, but I know I want it indoors. I already have the cake topper which is very unique looking, I'll take a pic of it and post it when I get the chance. Thank you all for your respopnses and if anyone has any ideas of how to keep the costs of the wedding low, feel free to let me know!!!!
    *~Orbis Non Sufficit~*
    SB_Diamond wrote:
    ...and if anyone has any ideas of how to keep the costs of the wedding low, feel free to let me know!!!!

You could always serve the '55 Dom Perignon instead of the '53.
  • SB_DiamondSB_Diamond North Miami Beach, FLPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    Or maybe not Dom but Vueve Cliquot???
    *~Orbis Non Sufficit~*
  • The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    That dress certainly is gorgeous! It definitely shows class. :)

I like your idea of a monochromatic theme. If I were to go with such a theme, I would use black and white, maybe with a bit of purple, black cherry red or burgundy. Just an idea. :)

As for the reception, I would not suggest holding it at the same church. I recently went to a wedding where the reception was at the church and it all seemed... well, rather dull and boring. Not to say that it's impossible to have a good reception there, I'm just reporting what I've seen. :) Also, the reception doesn't have to be expensive. I know catering can be expensive, so perhaps it could be like a get-together where everyone brings their favorite dish (aside from the cake, of course). Although this idea may sound inelegant, it may add a personal touch to the atmosphere.

Oh, and be sure to play music! Dancing would also be fun. I was thinking of a selection of personal 'theme songs' from both the bride and groom that express feelings for each another, but keep the selections secret until the wedding! That way it will be a nice surprise for both of you, and you can say why the song playing has personal significance. Perhaps a song can tell a story in your life, helped you get through hard times, or it could be a song that simply makes one think of the other. There are lots of possibilities. :)

If I were getting married, I would focus on elegance, personality and fun. I would like a wedding that shows class, dares to be itself and is just plain fun to attend! Of course these are just my suggestions. The main thing is to be yourself on this most wonderful day. If you don't like a tradition, don't feel forced to follow it (but make sure you discuss it with your fiance first! :D ). If you like these ideas, feel free to PM me--I have more. :D