new bond girl?

i am an online gambler and the bookies always win... yesterday they stopped taking bets on gemma aderton as the next bond girl...never heard of her myself but could be true

Comments

• delon64delon64 RiyadhPosts: 176MI6 Agent
    sorry folks thats gemma arterton
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    I think you just answered my question from the CBn thread. ;) Thanks.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Looked her up on IMDB... ?:) Not unattractive...but also not the obvious 'Latina' Eon are rumoured to be seeking...shows her currently 'filming' two other movies currently in production for release in 2008, so she seems busy...

Don't know about this...think I'll wait for something a bit more tangible.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Agent_MAgent_M lost in the speed forcePosts: 353MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    I just heard this on the radio as well, but they were only quoting the sun so.....

just googled her she's in the new st trinnians with Caterina Murino.
    Purvis,Wade...........GRRRRRRRR!

www.scottacademymartialarts.co.uk
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    Another shot of Arterton:

http://www.rada.org/grad07/art.html

And here's an article(with a few pictures)about Arterton and the new St.Trinian movie:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=463675&in_page_id=1879
    bets are still being taken but not on her...so i think she is one of the secondary roles
    That makes sense. Congrats to her!
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Me Like. :) She kind of looks like Irene Jacob, the French actress who was an arthouse darling in the early 90's.
    Eh...Strikes me as a Moneypenny type, rather than a full-fledged Bond girl. If I didn't know better... :v

Still, I've only seen about four snaps in total. If she's in #22, good for her!
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    I don't want to be negative, but I'm hoping that she landed one of the secondary Bond girl roles and not the leading lady role. Otherwise, it looks like I will be disappointed again, as I was with CR.

She's not unattractive, but recently we have been teased with pictures of more alluring candidates, thus raising expectations.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    She's attractive, but she comes across as the girl-next-door type. Indeed, if she's in the film she's likely to be in a secondary role--maybe a Penelope Smallbone type of character? As for the main Bond girl. . .remember that in the early stages of production we tend to get a lot of names thrown about, mostly by agents trying to get their clients some recognition!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    edited December 2007
    For all we know,she's in one scene with a single line of dialogue.Having the "modern look"(meaning what exactly-looks attractive but isn't particularly memorable?) doesn't necessarily mean that Arterton's the principal or even the secondary Bond girl.

Call me old-fashioned,but I hope the actress who plays the main Bond girl is a woman who possesses extraordinary physical beauty.
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Not too much of a bimbo (Stacey Sutton/Mary Goodnight) and not all, I can do what Bond can do (Wai Lin/Jinx). That's how I like my girls ;)
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    I read this bit and looked at her pics this morning while eating my cereal. Know what I thought? I thought "Boy,this cereal would taste good with some berries."

Hope that sums it up. She's not really anything to me. Not beautiful enough to take my breath away, not ugly enough to warrant negative remarks. A pretty ordinary, unremarkable looking girl.

That said, I have no idea what personality she brings to the table. Maybe with a great ability to act, and some Movie Magic you could make something of her. However, it's my hopes, based merely on looks, that she is a secodary character as well.
    edited December 2007
    Can she act? At least half of all sex appeal for screen sirens, it's in the acting. Her looks are fine. The more recent pics of her, she looks very different and much more "modern."

Gotta see her acting the part, whatever it is, or acting in something similar at least. But that's something EON has always been good at for the most part, casting either an unknown or a youngish actress who's never quite done a part like the Bond part she's cast for. It's that sense of something fresh and new. The exceptions stand right out of course (Blackman, Rigg) but mostly EON goes for the new. So we really won't know squat about how THIS gal does in the role she's been cast in (if the rumor is true) till we see her in it.

Craig didn't look like Bond to very many people before CR, now he's Bond to the world. Pics won't really help IMO. Except to determine, pretty. :D
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    She isn't unattractive, but she isn't stunning either. We'll see what if any part she gets when all is said and done.
  • BS 007BS 007 Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    Smoke_13 wrote:
    I read this bit and looked at her pics this morning while eating my cereal.
    Cereal man strikes again ! ;)
    For me she's great. But I'm not a man so my choice is not objective.:p
    its confirmed she is one of the new bond girls...check out empire online...those bookies are rarely wrong
    edited December 2007
    MI6 and CBn are also reporting the Empire 'scoop.' Interesting.

I still think she'd be a good Moneypenny...

I still think she'd be a good Moneypenny...

Yes, she would be a rather foxy Moneypenny (kind of like Samantha Bond back in her GE days). It's too bad it won't happen, though.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Miss Ponsonby?
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Miss Ponsonby?

Sorry, but you've lost me there ?:)
    edited December 2007
    Napoleon's refering to Loelia Ponsonby--James Bond's secretary in the earliest of Ian Fleming's 007 novels.
    Thanks for clearing that up, WG.

I think that would work. Ms. Arterton does look good enough to be Bond's secretary. Imagine if Eon uses this suggestion, the scenes at MI6 could become interesting.
  • SB_DiamondSB_Diamond North Miami Beach, FLPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    First of all, I don't believe anything printed in The Sun since they print a lot of stories that aren't true. Second, who the hell is she? Lastly, like many others have said, there is nothing particularly amazing about her (unlike for example Caterina Murino :x :p). If I saw her in a crowd I wouldn't look twice. I mean she's pretty but she is not smokin' hott like a Bond girl should be.;) Give me a latina actress with a sexy accent and great acting skills any day!B-)
    *~Orbis Non Sufficit~*
  • Double-0Double-0 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Thanks for clearing that up, WG.

I think that would work. Ms. Arterton does look good enough to be Bond's secretary. Imagine if Eon uses this suggestion, the scenes at MI6 could become interesting.

I vote for. No more M's secretary but Bond's secretary played by Arterton...-{
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that the rumors are true; Gemma Arterton lands the role of the Bond Girl in Bond 22.

Click Here
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    Well, not "the" Bond girl, but a good-sized role. Kudos to her. {[]
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    She'll play "Fields?" If that's her character's name, she's likely to be an office person indeed.
    Vox clamantis in deserto