Comments

• texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,351MI6 Agent
    plus 20% premium and shipping - so close to $2,000 WOW!!!!
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    yes...

but it'll be worth keeping an eye out for what comes next...

supposedly Eon have been jumping from a great height on any of these that have come into the public domain (see previous threads)..

yet they seem to have allowed two plaques to be sold at public auction without so much as a...

yet... ;)

for those familiar with the "Baptys situation" one suspects the true cost of these plaques is yet to be determined.... :s

if the buyer is reading this, please contact me...I have a lawyer friend who loves these kind of cases....

Caveat Emptor.... 8-)
    What do you mean? I have read the previous threads on the topic, but so far I saw one being sold on Ebay, the seller even say they got another one, also another board member posted some picture of these plaque so there must be a few sets out floating around. May be Eon may not have held on to those pieces as discussed. Interesting though... should the buyer be concern? after all he bought at a reputable auction house.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    ke02eww wrote:
    yet they seem to have allowed two plaques to be sold at public auction without so much as a...

There was some discussion of these same plaques in this thread.

They were listed on eBay for nearly a month; EON had plenty of time to react. In the BAPTYS situation, the items were pulled well before the auction date. It's interesting that we keep hearing stories about EON and these plaques, yet I don't think I've seen a report anywhere giving any hard facts.
    you are of course right Alan....only hearsay to go on re: the plaques...

but regarding the Baptys situation, I was there, and many items were pulled only minutes before the auction began..indeed I handled many of the offending items....

and while again hearsay, I'm told this dispute is far from simple...

finally, the people at Profiles are very good, and so far I've had no problems with them...indeed I bgt a few items at this auction, although not the plaques...

i like my freedom too much to take the chance...

but then again, as there is no evidence that Eon would pursue the seller or buyer of these, maybe I'm wrong...

Caveat Emptor is never a bad motto in the props gams..
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,489MI6 Agent
    I can confirm that Eon removed a listing using the VERO system on Ebay. The seller has since been issued a very firm letter stating that NONE of these plaques were given away. Some were loaned and never given back and some went walking off the set. As they were never officially given away, they remain the property of Eon. Ownership of these plaques is not under threat, but if you want Eon to confirm that they are genuine, you must submit them with the full knowledge that they may not return until leagal ownership is proven. So there ;)
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:
    but regarding the Baptys situation, I was there, and many items were pulled only minutes before the auction began..indeed I handled many of the offending items.....

but then again, as there is no evidence that Eon would pursue the seller or buyer of these, maybe I'm wrong...

Regardless, they prevented the sale. To pursue a seller and buyer after-the-fact starts to look a little like entrapment.
    i like my freedom too much to take the chance...

I could see someone being fined for selling/buying the plaques, but incarcerated? No.
    Firstly, thx to asp9mm for confirmation....

a clear case of "hearsay, gone tomorrow...."

and sorry alan, i find brit-humour often get's totally lost in these threads.....

i was joking about losing my freedom.....

but i was serious about items being withheld at an auction house once Eon find out about them...in baptys case it was at the 11th hour and no innocents were damaged (except those of us planning to buy them, frustrated and emotionally scared - joke )...

In this case should it happen, it could be post-sale/payment but prior to dispatch....at $2k i didn't fancy the odds/payoff...

finally, could these actually be the same ones referred to in the ebay above?.....guess we'll never know...
    The 500K plaque sold on Ebay by Elstree Film & Television Studios is going to Germany in a custom framed by Elstree - which will most likely be put for sale - asking price? about GBP 2,000 or US$4,000. The pair sold at profile will remain in the US.