Is Brosnan less attractive in Tomorrow Never Dies (one for the ladies)

After watching three Brosnan films the other day (not one after the other) my girlfriend announced that she thought Brosnan, although looking better body wise in tomorrow never dies, looked less handsome his face being "a bit chunky" in that film. She thinks he looks better slimmer, in films such as Goldeneye, Mrs Doubtfire, or the later film, Laws of Attraction and After the Sunset

Any comments?

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,285MI6 Agent
    I agree. Brosnan bulked up for TND, but a bit too much imo. Brozzer was never that tall, so like Craig that seems to be the way to go. But Brozzer never quite accumulated muscle like Craig, it was just loads of Guinness!

He also looked rough in DAD, with a bit of a double chin, though he looks better as the film goes on. In Laws of Attraction he was almost back to his GoldenEye look, but really I think he only looked good in TWINE.

Most annoying is how hefty he looked after his stint in a Korean jail...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • mooreisbestmooreisbest Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    Yeah. I know what you mean. I think Brosnan looked excellent in After the Sunset in terms of his face, very handsome and not with the "Tomorrow Never Dies" chunky look. Although he is not so concerned with his waist, as After the Sunset shows!
    My girlfriend did not let me gloat over Brosnan looking chunky in tomorrow never dies for long however when she added "But I still wouldn't say no"X-(X-( Typical!
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    It seems that after TNDs Brosnan trimmed down again for TWINE and then gained it all back for die another day
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    He definitely looked his best in Goldeneye and Twine. I thought he looked fine in TND, just not his best. -{
  • yodboy007yodboy007 McMinn CountyPosts: 129MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    I am in a minority that holds the opinion that Brosnan was in his best shape and look in TND. In Goldeneye he was a bit too skinny and his Irish complexion was not concealed well enough. In TWINE his ears stuck out for some reason, like he had become Will Smith or something. We all know he could have lost about ten pounds in the gut for DAD.

In TND I felt he had the best look. Lean muscle, not too skinny or pudgy. His hair was fixed the best and the makeup on his face was just right. With the exception of Dalton in TLD (he had an odd hair style in LTK), Brosnan looked the best as Bond since Roger Moore in TSWLM. You know, before age got in the way.

Not that Sir Roger looked to old in MR, FYEO, or OP. He was aging noticeably but could still pull of Bond. I always thought that long, combed back hairstyle and tan did not make him look any better. In AVTAK, he was too old. A bridge to far. OP should have been his last. Still though, I though his performance was wonderful in AVTAK.
  • forgottenbondforgottenbond Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    I don't think you wil ever get a man that looked more fitting for that role than Brosnan in Goldeneye, the hair, body everything was fantastic should have concentrated on keeping that for the rest of the movies but I think I realised why the other day he just seemed to age rapidly in the years between GE and TND its so strange but he looks so different in the face he infact looked better in TWINE and then was too old in DAD sad but true i hope they dont make the same mistake with Craig coz he will age fast being quite old already Dalton knew his time was up so he left I know that sounds pedantic to judge them purely on appearance but thats extremely important perhaps most important thing about him its the base of his personality