Lost Kitten

Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
edited December 2007 in Off Topic Chat
I'm feeling very sad over the loss of my kitten, Charlie, who went missing just 6 hours ago. He was just under 3 months old and we had only had him the latter part of his life. I'm 13 and got him after weeks of nagging and promised to look after him. He was black/white with a sort of V on his face and a black splodge on the back of his leg. I live in Halifax, West Yorkshire in a terraced estate and I've rung the RSPCA (No help), for anyone living around there who has any news, please contact me. Any ideas where it has probably gone (Lots of houses/garages and trees/bushes/fields/parks) and some cheering up please. And for anyone who this as happened before, did you get him back, how did you get him back, and what are the chances. Please be honest and reply kindly. He escaped while going to see my aunty out of the door we have figured out but only got back at 11. We searched a few garages with a torch and in the garden while calling it and every nut and cranny in the house but still no sign. And on top of that my Gran died of cancer last monthh (mentioned in tributes) so I doubt it'll be a half happy x-mas without puss :'(
207qoznfl4.gif

Comments

• Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Someone plaese reply, I know it's not even been 15mins but I'm desperate to find him.
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Oh thanks, Brbel and Hardyboy, who took one look at this topic and scooted off.
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007

Sweepy, I know you're upset, but it's not fair to take it out on other members.

I know exactly how you are feeling right now. My last dog found her way outside one night and we went to sleep thinking she was laying down in the house somewhere. It wasn't until the next morning that we discovered she was missing; we quickly threw on some clothes and started searching the neighborhood, some of us on foot and others by car. She had been outside for hours already; we had no idea how far she could have gotten. After about an hour of searching, we found her body on the side of a local road. She had apparently been hit by a car. It was absolutely devastating. I've had dogs ever since I was born; they are very much part of the family.

My dog may have died Sweepy, but that doesn't mean that your cat has suffered the same fate. Get your head together and continue your search. Ring the local animal shelters. Make up some flyers. Someone may have found your kitten and has taken him in. Don't stop until you know the truth.

I hope you find him.
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    Thanks for the thumbs up Tee Hee. It's just the terrible little thought in the back of your saying that he's cold/hungry and maybe even injured or dead, I can't sleep tonight and things have been terrible recently, Gran's died, kittens missing, grandads sick etc. Hopefully though things will get better in the long run. Sorry, Hardy and Barbel, it's only a thread that you haven't replyed to (peace ;))
    207qoznfl4.gif
    GREAT NEWS! I put out some food earlier tonight, and now it's gone! Puss is officialy alive and well and I'll check up again in an hour. :)
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff

Sweepy, I like cats and I'm glad yours is fine; but I live practically on the other side of the world from you and I have an often VERY pressing ADULT life away from this web site. . .what did you expect me to do, hop a Concorde and join the search? When you have a lost pet, a James Bond forum is NOT the place to ask for help--that is entirely a concern for you and your neighbors--and it's certainly unwise to pick fights with moderators and other members who choose not to respond to your personal concerns.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Unfortuanetly it's has been another cat eating his food and the RSPCA haven't rung as of yet.
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Put posters up in the area with a description or photo if you have one. Some people would decide to keep it rather than give it to the rspca.

If you don't get it back get a dog.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,501Chief of Staff
    Sweepy, last night I logged on to vote in the music elimination game at midnight UK time (which is my habit), after which I went to bed. I took a casual look around the board while waiting to post, which included a very brief glance at this then new topic. I hope your cat returns safely.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Have you tried knocking on your neighbors doors? As mentioned above, maybe a neighbor saw the kitten and took Him/Her in. Keep searching, I do hope you find your kitten safely. Good luck!
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    Sweepy we all hope you find your kitten, but please don't tell members what they should and shouldn't reply to!

I do hope you find your kitten, good luck.
    Simon
    Woo Hoo, thanks for the kind words. I prayed for my kitten last night and while putting out fliers at 8 in the morning(:o) a woman was putting out here bottles to recycle. I asked whether she had seen a small kitten the night before and she had! He's all safe and sound now.
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,309MI6 Agent
    Yes, but where?
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    What do you mean?
    207qoznfl4.gif
    More details, Sweep!

Had this woman taken the kitten in? Or did she point you to where he was, hanging out by a burnt out car, smoking reefers like some delinquant feline?

We had a false alarm on this thread about you finding your kitten earlier!

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Oh, she found him pondering around n her garden.
    207qoznfl4.gif
    What, in this weather!? I'm surprised it didn't have icicles hanging off it!

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Didn't get bad till the early hours. They got it at about 8.
    207qoznfl4.gif
    edited December 2007
    What, you mean 8pm last night? Ah, that makes sense.

Edit: Sweepy's kitten earier today:

http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/1460/2005090209233361511ri.jpg

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    I live practically on the other side of the world from you and I have an often VERY pressing ADULT life away from this web site. . .what did you expect me to do, hop a Concorde and join the search? .

Sorry, but this is just cracking me up !

We are all glad you're cat is safe now Sweepy and HB is right, we are all over the world, even those in the UK are 30, 50, 70, 100 mile apart from each other and couldn't have done anything physically for you.

How about you get your cat a collar as a present this season and supply contact details , phone, e-mail etc ...
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    And get your cat "chipped" so that it can be taken to a vet to be identified and returned to its owner. It's not expensive and can be very useful.

Now, to back up both Hardyboy and Si, we know this is an Off Topic forum, but please be reasonable and respectful of your fellow posters.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Predator wrote:
    And get your cat "chipped" so that it can be taken to a vet to be identified and returned to its owner. It's not expensive and can be very useful.

Now, to back up both Hardyboy and Si, we know this is an Off Topic forum, but please be reasonable and respectful of your fellow posters.

I did a small search. I don't know if Home Again does business in the UK, but this place looks like it does.

http://www.chippet.com/
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    I should report that since Sweepy's kitten has been found, a girl in my office has complained that she's been denied an orgasm... :(

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    You've been laying down on the job, sir?
    Well, I'm not sure if you've picked up on my allusion, Alex... :D Any of our more sophicated lady posters wish to chip in? Lady Rose? Honey Rider? :)

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Hello everybody. Welcome to Carry On AJB. :D
    Before Hardyboy snuffs out Sweepy's kitten thread with his hammer, my nimble fingers post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZXWi5jRw-c

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    What, you mean 8pm last night? Ah, that makes sense.

Edit: Sweepy's kitten earier today:

http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/1460/2005090209233361511ri.jpg

Nice pic! :)
    207qoznfl4.gif
    Before Hardyboy snuffs out Sweepy's kitten thread with his hammer, my nimble fingers post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZXWi5jRw-c

The best Carry On, closely followed by Carry On Cowboy ;)
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Well, I'm not sure if you've picked up on my allusion, Alex... :D Any of our more sophicated lady posters wish to chip in? Lady Rose? Honey Rider? :)
    I got the joke. (you silver tongue devil with da nimble fingers)
    (although, if they were that light feathered to the touch, then why no orgasm?) ?:) ;)

Hey, JD, can I play Sid James? He's easily my favorite. Nobody could imply as much dirt as he with just one simple chuckle) ;)