Bond in Bo'ness. The original Cars

I have just returned from the Classic car / motor museum in Bo'ness in Scotland and what a day I have had. I contacted the owner Colin Anderson some time ago regarding my website and his bond cars. And today I went with my friend who is a reasonably good photographer ,, he should be with a £500 camera .{[] I was given a tremendous privilage i actually got to sit in the original bond cars and pose with the cars.. I will soon be heading up an entire section on my website devoted to the bo'ness bond and car museum.

I was sitting in the ASTON MARTIN DBS driven by george lazenby in OHMSS and lazenby had actaully signed the steering wheel. and the car displayed some other bond items and beside the car was an actual tuxedo worn by lazenby in the film . another car which astonished me was one of the original Lotus road cars actually used in TSWLM . I was sitting in the same drivers seat as Sir Roger Moore it was just a complete buzz. The museum itself is an absolute Gem and well worth the journey. All bond fans and film fans will be satisfied and fasinated . He has an outstanding collection of bond memorabilia. and collectables and models on display . alongside many other famous film and tv cars such as the jaguar from the 51st state and the sunbeam alpine from DR NO.and harry potters blue ford anglia amongst many other astons and tiumphs and beautiful iconic cars.. an absolutely fantastic day .

Mr Anderson has an absolutely astonishing collection. And he couldnt have been a nicer guy to have met.

And the thing that topped it for me was the OO7 bar an amazing set up. very sleek and smart.

all will become even more clear in due time on my website stay tunned... here is the museum to check out for yourself..

This building houses some bond treasurs...

http://www.motor-museum.bo-ness.org.uk/visit/motor-museum.htm

Comments

• PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    oh wow! that's really cool that he let you sit in those cars and everything! I probably would have had a fit of happiness...seemes to happen whenever I'm around nice cars...;)

can't wait for the pix!

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    i will have them all on my site hopefully by monday and a special section devoted to the site including Bond club meetings and partys and convetions which the museum throws will be uptated regularly on my site ... I am doing this as a way of saying thanks to Colin for giving me access to the bond props and cars. but also because I love this museum so much and he has done the establishment proud. Every Bond fan will be in Bond heaven in this Q lab styled museum. It is one of a kind. and the bar serves amazing martini's and vespers. Yes thats right Vespers.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,763Chief of Staff
    Every Bond fan will be in Bond heaven in this Q lab styled museum. It is one of a kind. and the bar serves amazing martini's and vespers. Yes thats right Vespers.

Looks like I finally found an excuse to go to Scotland -{
    YNWA 97
    I think I'll join you, Sir Miles...been needing a reason to go visit there ;)

~Pen -{

• ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Pendragon wrote:
    I think I'll join you, Sir Miles...been needing a reason to go visit there ;)

~Pen -{

what hogmanay isn't enough of a reason?...

actually i have been meaning to go for ages....sir miles/Pen let me know when ur going and we can meet up...although i hear bo'ness is (20 degrees more )beautiful in the spring... :)
    ke02eww wrote:
    what hogmanay isn't enough of a reason?...

actually i have been meaning to go for ages....sir miles/Pen let me know when ur going and we can meet up...although i hear bo'ness is (20 degrees more )beautiful in the spring... :)

Then Spring sounds (and feels) a better time to go !
    YNWA 97
    sounds like a plan then, sirs! ;) I have heard that spring over there is nice...

~Pen -{

• sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Scotland is a crap shoot, you can get four seasons in one day!
    sruzgar wrote:
    Scotland is a crap shoot, you can get four seasons in one day!

That's the same for the whole of Great Britain really.
    YNWA 97
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    I have to live in the place for another while yet..

There are parts of Scotland which are very beutiful and full of culture just dont come to Glasgow LOL..

I dont know there is good and bad everywere and that includes the weather