OHMSS set before YOLT?

NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
After watching OHMSS, I realized something. Now we all find it strange that Blofeld doesn't recognize Bond, but something I never heard about or noticed before was that during the Credits and during the scene in Bond's office, four movies are referenced by pictures or props: Dr. No, FRWL, Goldfinger, and Thunderball. However, there are no images or props from YOLT. Could it be that OHMSS is supposedly set after TB, as opposed to after YOLT?

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Either you've got a bad DVD or your memory is playing tricks on you, Nightshooter. There are at least two scenes from YOLT in the credits--a close-up of Kissy's face at the wedding, and the Ninja who charges the camera. Happy holidays!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    selective memory. I guess I wanted to believe. Now that you mention it I remember Kissy's face. But the lack of props made me forget. P

Ok, one more question. Why is it that Blofeld catches Bond for getting the place of the archives wrong, and that Sir Hilary would have known, but Hilary himself told Bond to take Blofeld to that place? Or was Hilary talking just about the place of the family, and not of the archive location?
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Yeah, I think that was it: archive location was different, Blofeld tells Bond that at the unmasking.

Interesting that YOLT is not referenced in the body of the film, yet the other 3 SPECTRE films are. :007)
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Ok, one more question. Why is it that Blofeld catches Bond for getting the place of the archives wrong, and that Sir Hilary would have known, but Hilary himself told Bond to take Blofeld to that place? Or was Hilary talking just about the place of the family, and not of the archive location?

That is sadly a plot hole - one which does negate the entire movie. Perhaps Sir hilary told Bond what he thought, only that it was wrong, and Bond didnt question it. Of course, it could just be a plot hole.

And as for footage, the shot of the big explosion is the plane cracking up in YOLT. Also, Goldfinger wasnt referenced in the Bond's office scene either - they probably only had a limited amount of time, and nothing from YOLT stood out as being overly emotional to Bond.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    taity wrote:
    . . .they probably only had a limited amount of time, and nothing from YOLT stood out as being overly emotional to Bond.

True--I think Bond would have had a hard time fitting Little Nellie into his desk drawer!

I've been turning this over in my mind: YOLT, OHMSS, and DAF have to form the loosest film trilogy in history. OHMSS has no connection to YOLT beyond Blofeld being the villain--but Bond could have been hunting for him after the collapse of the Thunderball operation (as he was in the novel)--and DAF all but ignores OHMSS, opening in Japan and referencing Bond's being away for a long time. You can play the films in any order and your enjoyment of them--or lack thereof--will not be affected!
    Vox clamantis in deserto