Bond Bikini Weather

The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
Really excited about the Honey Bikini from Dr. No.... Now to acquire the right belt from Ed and it will look even better.

First a Halle jolly Christmas:
DSC03027.JPG

Then a Honey Ryder instead of a Red Ryder:
DSC03029.JPG
DSC03030.JPG
DSC03031.JPG
DSC03033.JPG

Comments

• superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,654MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    Very nice bikinis. I think Domino's meshed, peek-a-boo, swim suit should be next on your must-have list!

Per the close-up that you edited out, Mantis, :v I didn't realize how gauze-like the original bikini material was like, Which reminds me of one of Poorman's distantly recent threads about Bond "myths." Did Ursula Andress really sew together her own bikini with the help of a friend, overnight? I'd believe it more easily if her "friend" happened to be the costume designer for DN!

Oh, BTW, would you consider swapping out the mannequin torsos for ones with a "C" cup? ;% Whether or not Jinx and Honey were such, a fuller shape would certainly capture the viewer's sensation of how they remembered those scenes!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    Very Nice. very nice indeed.

I have the ursula andress white bikkini which I am going to stick with as it is the most famous and I will pass on the Jinx bikini. also for the fact that Jinx was the worst Bond girl of them all. and it was her charcter and pathetic lines that ruined Die another day.

The belt honey wore was; a white british military web belt / white british army prade belt you can find them on Ebay for a few pounds not very expensive at all. hope this helps I am alos in the process of getting the exact knife honey used. and the correct knife hip holster. I have also heard it was a british military belt bleached white

looking closer at your honey rider bikini on your website I am unsure about the material. I have losts of detailed photos of the original and the original is made from more of a lycra material. well it looks to be from the photos. here is an interesting article about it

http://www.bikiniscience.com/chronology/1960-1965_SS/UA6310_S/UA6310.html
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Agree with you on the fabric type!~
    edited December 2007
    still it is very nice.

The fabric works in your favour as a Bond collector . it makes your bikini more unique..

I am sure if fleming had more of an input into the film he would have had Honeys bikini like this, as he was obsessed with characterisation and detail.

but we all know in the novel Honey was naked. whan she came out of the sea.

all in all I love your replica of her bikini goes great in your displays
  • matthewarmitagematthewarmitage Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    Lovely kit for the ladies Mantis.. The webbing belts are probably circa WW2 38 pattern or 44 pattern denoting the year of service introduction if you get stuck I can get one for you in the UK and send it over. The colour is not an issue only units such as the Royal Mrines would use white with their No1 Dress or "blues " as it is called. Most can be Blanco'd white..

If I can get the knife scabbard I will and can you get a close up of the knife on the site so I can trace this.. Just for your info next July at the Hop Farm in Kent is the worlds largest military vehicle show and this sort of kit is easily sourced on the hundreds of stalls.. {[]-{
  • Stephanie BroadchestStephanie Broadchest Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    Absolutely beautiful...is thet the Jynx one that was on ebay? if it is...what are the sizes on it, cause I was looking at that one but the seller never got back to me on if it would fit :)

Beautiful additions to your amazing collection!!!!!
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Mantis has been trying to get his wife to model these pieces, with no success.

Perhaps you might be more willing Stephanie? ;%
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    Actually the wife modeled the Jinx but when the camera came out...well, you know the rest. BUT New Years Eve is coming and with three bottles of Bollinger hope springs eternal!

That all being said, Steph, PM me your "measurement needs" as the seller sent me a table. The suit is a MUCH higher quality than I expected and quite wearable in everyday situations...
    edited December 2007
    PM sent.

might have to go for a trip across the border though...if you still need someone to model them :p lol

Rach
    Just overnighted a plane ticket for you...:)
    :p
    well if you do model one I would be happy to put you in my Bond outfits section.

Good Luck Mantis and happy hunting for the new year ;)