New England Patriots Perfect Season

SpectreIslandSpectreIsland spectreislandPosts: 274MI6 Agent
Just wanted to congratulate my home team, the New England Patriots for making football history. A Perfect record of 16-0. 2007 has been a great year for Boston teams with the Red Sox winning their second World Series and now this. Simply Amazing. {[]

Comments

• Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    To be honest, I was hoping that they would lose their final season game to the New York Giants. I've grown pretty sick of the New England dominance over the past few seasons. :p

That said, congratulations to The Patriots! An undefeated season is indeed a great accomplishment. -{

If it's any consulation, it was a great game. For a while there I thought that the Giants had them. :v

If only the Bears would pull their heads out of their... X-(
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    Well just getting off of the phone with my cousin long distance, he isn't taking the Giants' loss very well. I could tell because his words were becoming more and more incoherent as the game progressed... :D

Cheers to the Pats anyway...now the new season starts to see if they can run the table and rival the '72 Dolphs by keeping that goose egg as they aim for another ring. ;)
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    If your going to congratulate your home town team, I'm going to congratulate the home town hero. San Mateo, CA own Tom Brady. If you haven't guessed I'm from San Mateo, CA. When Tom made his first apperance in the Super Bowl, the section of San Mateo Tom was from, is shut down and the whole block partied, partied, partied. I'd like to go on and say I've met Tom, but I haven't. Didn't even go to the same school.

P.S. If the Pats make the Super Bowl, I'd like to see the media flock to his former neighborhood (His parents still live in his childhood home).
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,285MI6 Agent
    I remember when this team was the doorstop of the league, little more than a laughingstock no matter what it did on the field. My but they've come a long way.

Once thing I'll say about the Pats is that the players have been very humble thru this whole circus. Whether it was the Tapegate scandal, members of the '72 Dolphins freaking out about somebody tying their record, crybabies whining that the Pats wouldn't cut them any slack when they ran up the score, or ill-advised comments from the likes of Anthony "I guarantee a win" Smith, the Pats always just buckled down, did their talking on the field, and kept finding ways to win.

Of course, now that the regular season is over the 16-0 streak, not to mention all the records they re-wrote, mean absolutely nothing. There have been some definite chinks in their armor the past few weeks and there's no guarantee they can go all the way. Hopefully the events of the season will galvanize the team, much like the game fixing scandal in Italy strengthened the national soccer team's resolve and helped push them all the way to the World Cup.
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Congrats to the Pats, hopefully my Packers will see them in the Super Bowl. I believe the last Super Bowl the Packers won they beat the Pats. It would be a huge upset if that happened this time.
    edited January 2008
    *Edit. I hit the wrong button.
  • cbdouble07cbdouble07 Posts: 132MI6 Agent
    As a Colts fan New England's run this season has pained me, especially since we blew the game against them earlier in the year giving up a 10 point lead with 7 minutes left. I'm looking forward to Colts-Pats in the playoffs and hopefully this time my team will prevail.
    cbdouble07 wrote:
    As a Colts fan New England's run this season has pained me, especially since we blew the game against them earlier in the year giving up a 10 point lead with 7 minutes left. I'm looking forward to Colts-Pats in the playoffs and hopefully this time my team will prevail.

That will be a very interesting game. The winners of Super Bowl 41 meet the winners of Super Bowl 39. I'm looking forward to it.
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    New England isn't undefeated yet ;)
    DAWUSS wrote:
    New England isn't undefeated yet ;)

LOL!!!!!
  • BestBondSeanBestBondSean A Bavarian in CornwallPosts: 108MI6 Agent
    i do agree with the above comment, if New England should loose in any of the Play-Off rounds or the Super Bowl it will be far from the perfect season.
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    i do agree with the above comment, if New England should loose in any of the Play-Off rounds or the Super Bowl it will be far from the perfect season.

Absolutely. I am a Vikings fan, and in 1998 we were easily the best team in the NFL -- a 15-1 record, record for most points in one season (until the Pats broke it last weekend), Randy Moss's amazing rookie year, and a kicker who did not miss a single PAT or FG all year long.

After an easy 1st round playoff win over the Cardinals, we faced the mediocre Falcons in the NFC championship game. Of course, our kicker missed for the first time, and somehow the Vikings contrived to lose at home to a far inferior team, who subsequently were blown out in the Super Bowl by the Broncos (who were not as good as the Vikings). The 1998 Vikings are nothing but a footnote now.

Still the most painful football memory I have, and they go back all the way to 1970.

BTW, this won't happen to the Pats, because Belichick, Brady et al are simply too mentally strong.
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • cbdouble07cbdouble07 Posts: 132MI6 Agent
    Well it won't be the Colts who beat them. They just lost to the Chargers and it was a very painful game to watch. So many blown opportunities and dumb turnovers. I'm probably going to be mad about it for the next year. X-(