Gold Bar SIGNED by SEAN CONNERY

scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
Hi everyone. Some help on this matter would be great. I have replicated a Gold prop Bar from GOLDFINGER which the film makers still own to this day. it has been signed by sean connery but I cannot make out who it is signed to it says:

To G WON by the looks of it x sean connery

My original thought was to Michael G willson but I am sure I am wrong. and why would there be a kiss to him :))

Please check out my replica in my connery props section I have provided some updated and interesting information regarding all the gold seen in Goldfinger

www.freewebs.com/scaramangasgoldengun

here is the gold bar which I replicated on display at an exhibition

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bondpix.com/images/large/Beaulieu/Goldfinger_shoes%26Gold_bar.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bondpix.com/bond_car_exhibition_at_beaulieu.htm&h=567&w=419&sz=33&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=mKt0mV7ekiwhwM:&tbnh=134&tbnw=99&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgoldfinger%2Bbar%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den

and here it is again.

http://commanderbond.net/resources/sections/news/images/2723_bjb_exhibition/gf.jpg

any information regarding who it is adressed to would be great.

thanks

Comments

• 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    7289 wrote:
    G: Goldfinger?

G: Gert Frobe?

?????????

Maybe Guy Hamilton he is the director ?
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,849MI6 Agent
    I believe it says: To G With X Sean Connery
    I'm thinking the X stands for "Love" as you sometimes see people sign their name and add XOXOXO which represents "Love & Kisses" The X = "Love", the O = "Kisses"
    ed
    TheSpyBoys.com
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,849MI6 Agent
    Also, I remember reading that Ken Adams stated that he was so pleased with a sample which had been electroplated gold that he had ALL the bars seen on screen electroplated and NOT painted. I kind of remember his saying that if any gold bars ever appeared and were NOT electroplated that they were fakes and not from the set.
    Ed
    TheSpyBoys.com
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    even electroplating is expensive .

I have heard a rumour myself that the bars were made from aluminium and gold or electro plated ..

but i have seen so much behind the scenes documentries discusions and articles stating that most of the gold bars were made from plaster. and some were aluminuim, i will look deeper into this and hopefully get the 100% factual answer

thanks Ed And thats to everyone for clearing the matter up

although it is still open as to what it says on the gold bar. keep your thoughts and suggestions coming.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Yes, I too believe that it says "To G, with X, Sean Connery".

That is sure to be a pricey piece of memorabilia!
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
  • matt691matt691 Posts: 29MI6 Agent
    although i am sure everything from that website would be 110% genuine the prices are quite pricey to me sadly :( not to mention why cheaper to sell outside EU aww

but would be fun to own something from the movie like this Goldbar though, anyone got a couple thousand Euro lying about?

Matt.
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    i can make you one and print the writing and signature on it so its a replica of that one in the exhibition see my site and see the replica i made..

also I can make you any of the other shapes of gold bars from the film.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    matt691 wrote:
    although i am sure everything from that website would be 110% genuine the prices are quite pricey to me sadly :( not to mention why cheaper to sell outside EU aww

but would be fun to own something from the movie like this Goldbar though, anyone got a couple thousand Euro lying about?

Matt.

The price he advertises is high, but you can bargain with him. The prices are different due to different tax charges.
  • matt691matt691 Posts: 29MI6 Agent
    You would have thought it would be more to send outside Europe than for people to trade inside, may as well get it sent to a someone outside and they post it on haha.

Although still even with another 5% or 10% off still a bit high, but well rare stuff I guess.