TWINE Q-Boat Tie Facsimile

urhashurhash USPosts: 984MI6 Agent
I recently created a facsimile of the tie seen in TWINE during the MI6/Q-Boat chase sequence. I used photoshop to recreate the rather complex pattern (finished with a 27 megabyte tiff!), and then using one of those sites that lets you create your own tie, I uploaded it and they sent me the finished product.

It doesn't compare to a $150 T&A silk tie, but I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Attached is a pic...

qboatpicwk1.jpg

A lot of the difficulty was in getting the right colors, slightly muted, and also introducing some grain to give it some texture (since it's being printed instead of woven into the fabric).

Comments

• 037 Scaramanga037 Scaramanga FloridaPosts: 160MI6 Agent
    Excellent work done,
  • Coldheart96Coldheart96 Florida , USAPosts: 203MI6 Agent
    Very nice indeed! Which site made the tie?
    Bond: "Who would spend $1 million to kill me?"
    M: "Jealous husbands. Outraged chefs. Humiliated tailors. The list is endless!"
  • urhashurhash USPosts: 984MI6 Agent
    I used zazzle :)
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    very very nice Great work fantastic keep it up ..
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Michael, this is fantastic! I have been trying to get hold of that tie since 1999. You are a genious, excellent work and really well done. Was it just one you had made? You should go into business.

There used to be a site "as seen on screen" where you could buy clothes etc that were worn on films and TV; you could make a fortune if you started a site "as work by Bond!" A ready made market?

Just a thought, well I am exceted for you anyway.

Chat soon I hope {[]
  • urhashurhash USPosts: 984MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008

Theoretically I can sell through the zazzle marketplace, although I'm not sure if there's any legal issues with copying someone else's pattern. From what I understand tho, Lindy Hemming designed the patterns and had them created by a T&A subsidiary.

I was also thinking of what other ties would be interesting to try and duplicate. One that came to mind was the one in GE when Bond meets with M. I'm not sure what people would be interested in seeing, if at all?
  • saint-antoinesaint-antoine CanadaPosts: 209MI6 Agent
    Are you going to have more made... are you selling them... PM if so...

The one I'd like to see is the one with the large blue circles from DAD...