Help needed with configfree launcher

stumac7stumac7 ScotlandPosts: 295MI6 Agent
Can anyone help me get rid of the configfree launcher icon that keeps appearing at the bottom right-hand side of my screen everytime I turn it on.

I keep closing the icon but it is back there when I next put the computer back on again.

I think I must have double clicked on one of the icons on my desktop. It doesn't actually do any harm but it is just starting to annoy me.

Regards

Stu

Comments

• a rogue AIa rogue AI Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    While I am no expert, this sounds like a malware problem. I'd recommend using the (free) services of this forum. Register there, follow the instructions and finally make a thread about your computer's problem. Good luck!
  • BestBondSeanBestBondSean A Bavarian in CornwallPosts: 108MI6 Agent
    If the name of the programme in question is 'ConfigFree Launcher', then it is legitimate Software made by Toshiba, mostly designed to configure their laptop settings for wireless environments.
    Assuming your OS is Windows XP go to 'Run' type 'msconfig' into the box that opens,go to the 'Startup' tab on the right hand side of the box that opens, untick the box for the launcher to come up on startup, it should look something like this:
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSServ.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
    one of these files should be present in your startup Tab, untick and it won't bother you any more,
    alternatively uninstall from Control Panel, Add/Remove programmes.
  • stumac7stumac7 ScotlandPosts: 295MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the reply bestbondsean !!

I have got rid of it now,

You have put my mind at rest (it is a Toshiba laptop I have) as I was panicking it might be a virus.

Cheers

BTW I agree with your user name!!