Olga Kurylenko is Bond 22's female lead

2»

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I know nothing about her but going by her pictures she seems to be far more attractive than Eva Green.

I seem to know less about this Bond film than any other ... Don't know the director, don't know the girls, don't know the villain ... Bond 22 is going to be a total surprise for me at this rate :s
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    Wow, she is quite lovely!
    ;)
    It is interesting that Eon seem to be stuck on brunettes lately...

Not that there is anything wrong with that.. ;) :v Maybe I'm just biased, but I tend to prefer brunettes.. Especially since the last blonde we had was Rosamund Pike, and she was probably my least favorite. I like the more exotic look they are going for lately.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Monique wrote:
    Wow, she is quite lovely!
    ;)
    It is interesting that Eon seem to be stuck on brunettes lately...

Not that there is anything wrong with that.. ;) :v

Of course not! :x ;)

:D
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Monique wrote:
    Maybe I'm just biased, but I tend to prefer brunettes...

Oh darn! And here I've been planning on jumping out of a cake for your birthday. :# Maybe with a wig ala Charles Gray in DAF? Yes?
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Here's a fun idea(that I didn't come up with!)- could we only be getting the name 'Camille' in the press release because her surname is 'Lynd'? :)
    Maybe she is Vesper Lynd, and the face-changing from DAD makes a return? That would be a great plot idea (not).

And we'll have invisible cars and Union Jack hot-air balloons :v :p :007)
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    blueman wrote:
    Oh darn! And here I've been planning on jumping out of a cake for your birthday. Maybe with a wig ala Charles Gray in DAF? Yes?

Sorry, you're too late. It was last month, but thanks for that..visual! :o At least it wasn't Wint or Kidd. :p
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    I think Olga's very talented.Just check her out in the French thrillerThe Ring Finger.

And it's comforting to know that Olga's a method actress who always has the audience's best interests in mind.On the FHM website Olga says,"Taking my bra off in a movie has never been a problem for me as long as it makes the film more enjoyable to watch."

Not only is she beautiful,she's thoughtful,too.
    ...it's comforting to know that Olga's a method actress who always has the audience's best interests in mind.On the FHM website Olga says,"Taking my bra off in a movie has never been a problem for me as long as it makes the film more enjoyable to watch."

Now that is just the sort of 'can-do,' 'anything-for-the-business' attitude this franchise needs B-)

Saaaaa-lute! {[]
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent

And it's comforting to know that Olga's a method actress who always has the audience's best interests in mind.On the FHM website Olga says,"Taking my bra off in a movie has never been a problem for me as long as it makes the film more enjoyable to watch."

That's very considerate. :) You have to admire her commitment to the arts.
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    MSN ran a small article about Kurylenko today which I have attached. If you don't mind clicking you get some more photos too.

Lady Rose makes a good point, other than Craig I am not too familiar with the rest of the players in this film. Could be a good thing, then again... I also agree that Olga is big improvement over Green.

I have to wonder if the low name recognition of these folks is an attempt to keep the budget down. Or, is it an attempt to keep the focus on Bond and away from who the co-star is.

EDIT - Sorry, forgot the link.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=291650&gt1=7701
    I have to wonder if the low name recognition of these folks is an attempt to keep the budget down. Or, is it an attempt to keep the focus on Bond and away from who the co-star is.

Don't know about the budget, but it's certainly in line with the way they cast CR, with Eva Green and Mads Mikkelson---international actors with a degree of critical notice, but not widely known to Bond's target audience.

It probably doesn't hurt that Bond is the biggest star in the film, but in #22's case Craig will be buttressed by a number of talented and well-known returning players: Dame Judi Dench, Giancarlo Giannini and Jeffrey Wright---whom I hope has more to do this time round...
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose makes a good point, other than Craig I am not too familiar with the rest of the players in this film.

It was similar in CR after all, a bunch of people who very few americans had heard of. Besides Dench and Craig, Id only ever heard of Jeffery Wright before.
    Could be a good thing, then again... I also agree that Olga is big improvement over Green.

WHOA! WHOA! No - thats very bad to talk about such a fine lady like that!
  • bondboy007bondboy007 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    She'll be good. Her pedigree and her director's pedigree should be enough to make her one to remember.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,330MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Here's a fun idea(that I didn't come up with!)- could we only be getting the name 'Camille' in the press release because her surname is 'Lynd'? :)

I heard her surname is "Teaux"...:))
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    Not that this would surprise anyone, but, to be diplomatic, I wasn't a big fan of Eva Green's looks. ;) So, I'm really hoping that the next Bond girl will be beautiful, which brings me to....
    04uu4.jpg
    I think that Olga is beautiful in this picture. Interestingly, enough, I think she's better looking in this picture than in Hitman, which suggests to me that she's another Halle Berry. Halle Berry is IMO one of the world's three most beautiful women, but not when she looks like she did in DAD. Olga is beautiful (although not as beautiful as Halle :x) however I hope that the filmmakers don't attempt to mess up her look, as she appears to me to be someone who (like Halle) doesn't look beautiful no matter what they're wearing or how their hair looks. I suggest that the filmmakers allow her to keep this look.

The one comfort that I have, regardless of how she looks, is that in Hitman she had tremendous spark and personality, and so after Vesper (whose personality didn't really appeal to me), I am confident that no matter what, she will personality-wise be a memorable Bond Girl. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    On the FHM website Olga says,"Taking my bra off in a movie has never been a problem for me as long as it makes the film more enjoyable to watch."

There may be some promise to Bond 22 afterall! ;% :))
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:

:)) I dare Eon.
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    Her face is all right (in some pics, she sort of looks like someone I know). However, as others have pointed out, Olga is one of those ladies whose looks vary a lot depending on hairstyle, make-up, ...

On the other hand, there's no denying that she has a beautiful body :)
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:

Arf! Oh that's awful... :D
    Lady Rose makes a good point, other than Craig I am not too familiar with the rest of the players in this film. Could be a good thing, then again... I also agree that Olga is big improvement over Green.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=291650&gt1=7701

That's just the way they've always done it, surely? Only a couple of the Brosnans had anything approaching what you could call 'stars' in, and (love him though I do) it's a bit of a stretch to call Jonathan Pryce a big movie star! :)
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
    CTrent49 wrote:
    I don't know if I would say that she is more beautiful than Eva Green.

But I do believe that Eva's looks are a lot more unusual.

Well if it's a competition I don't know who I'd choose. It'd be nice to have the choice, though! :D
  • SB_DiamondSB_Diamond North Miami Beach, FLPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    Works for me!
    *~Orbis Non Sufficit~*
  • SMITHSMITH Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    I love Olga. In Hitman she's so beautiful !:x
  • cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    Her face is all right (in some pics, she sort of looks like someone I know). However, as others have pointed out, Olga is one of those ladies whose looks vary a lot depending on hairstyle, make-up, ...

On the other hand, there's no denying that she has a beautiful body :)

I could not agree with you more. You hit the nail on the head !!! ... B-)