A terrible dilemma...

I'm very tempted to stray from the gossip a little until the film is released - I couldn't help but feel like I was watching something familiar with CR, almost as if I'd watched it years ago.

But then again - the thing that made CR so special to me was the year of excitement leading up to it - something I wouldn't have experienced without AJB.

Hmm - decisions, decisions. One thing is for certain - I will try to avoid the soundtrack until the film is released. I find that knowing a film's score is so distracting - I end up concentrating on the music rather than the scene :s

Comments

• cbdouble07cbdouble07 Posts: 132MI6 Agent
    Similar problem for me. Don't want the movie ruined for me but it would also be nice to be able to discuss developments as more and more info is revealed.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    edited January 2008
    I'm completely addicted to the flow of information out of #22's production---whether it comes from official Eon sources, wildly improbable Mirror-type tabloid speculation, or slips of the tongue from members of the cast and/or crew---in fact, I was lucky enough to actually read CR's script whilst the film was still before the cameras, and I truly didn't mind that I knew a great deal about CR before I had my traditional vodka martini and went to the cinema on opening day...

For me, following the production heightens my anticipation, and turns the 10 months prior to opening day into one whopping great adventure :007)

My lovely and long-suffering wife, on the other hand, was most annoyed with my sharing all possible information with her, and has threatened me with the pain of death if I blow #22 for her in similar fashion... ;%

So I'm going to do what I did in '06: drink it all in as it comes my way....But this time, I won't tell the wife about it :v
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    I like hearing all the new info about the production come out. Mind you, this time it's different because it's an original script. Last time I knew what CR would be about because I'd read Ian Fleming's novel when I was a teenager. So I might try and avoid any spoilers about Bond 22.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    I'm with Loeff, just a terrible Bond 22 junkie at this stage. :(|) I've even thought that when the all mighty script gets leaked, I'd actually want to read it first, before I see the film. :o I never do that, but for some reason I can't seem to wait to find out what happens next...weird. :s
    edited January 2008
    Reading the CR script was nearly as big a thrill for me as watching the film, for a number of reasons---the main one being that I like to see what other people's work looks like on paper...especially the ones who are successful...

It was a once in a lifetime opportunity, though, and while I'd jump at the chance to read #22's script beforehand, I'll be shocked beyond words if I get the chance :(
    Reading the CR script was nearly as big a thrill for me as watching the film, for a number of reasons---the main one being that I like to see what other people's work looks like on paper...especially the ones who are successful...

It was a once in a lifetime opportunity, though, and while I'd jump at the chance to read #22's script beforehand, I'll be shocked beyond words if I get the chance :(

I don't know a lot about it but wasn't CR the first Bond film in which the script was leaked early? I thought so but am probably mistaken. In any case I very much doubt the Bond 22 script will be leaked considering how secretive the producers have been about everything. We still don't even know a title and there's been no mention of getting one anytime soon that I've seen.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    I really should try to avoid all the spoilers, but I just can't help it. I'm a Bond fan; it's hard to look away. X-(

You would think it would be easy for me given my discontent with the reboot and Daniel Craig, but I guess I'm still just a little bit hopeful that they'll get it right next time, that I'll once again see the Bond I once knew (1962-2002). :(

As long as details continue to be leaked, I'm not going to call the plumber. ;)
    I had my traditional vodka martini and went to the cinema on opening day...

I trust you'll pour me one too come next November. We're still on right? -{ :D
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    Tee Hee wrote:
    I had my traditional vodka martini and went to the cinema on opening day...

I trust you'll pour me one too come next November. We're still on right? -{ :D

'Absolutely' :007)
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    You aren't alone IEU2D

*Smoke stands up in front of a room full of his peers*

"Ahem, my name is Smoke_13 -and I am a Bond 22 addict. It all started a few months ago. I'd log on here or there just to check the updates on Bond 22. Now, I log on every day, sometimes twice a day, to see if any news, pictures, or gossip has come out about the film. I fear that before the film is even released I will know all there is to know about this film, but I can't stop looking. My family sees me logging on daily and checking for updates, they think I'm nuts. Is there a 10 step program to cure me of this? I've heard it said that admitting I have a problem is half the battle."

In all honesty, I haven't looked forward to a films release this much for 28 years.
    Smoke_13 wrote:
    In all honesty, I haven't looked forward to a films release this much for 28 years.

Agreed. I feel like CR was the first great Bond film made during my generation and also feel like the golden age of the 60's is coming back. And all the stuff I've seen so far that's coming out is making me even more excited about this film. I can't wait.
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I too have the dielemma! I was addicted to the spoilers for all the Brosnan movies, especially GoldenEye although I remember NOT reading the novelisation until after I had seen the film.

I enjoyed the build up uo CR and even had the theme tune playing in the car for about a month prior to release (thanks LimeWire!). I agree with the view that knowing the music is distracting however.

I will try to "cool off" my seeking out the information once we actually have some! Knowing the title and having a teaser poster is all I require to keep me quiet for months!

I would love to join some fans in London for drink before viewing Bond 22 the day it comes out. Are there any fans who, like me, would want to meet in Leicester Square on the evening of the premier but who are unlikely to have tickets? We could then arrange to reconviene the following evening to watch it propper.

Would love to set something up. Any fans interested, PM me and I will give email address or mobile phone number etc.