Goldfinger The Reunion - Pinewood Studios - April 13th 2008

www.bondstars.comwww.bondstars.com Pinewood Studios, LondonPosts: 373Chief of Staff
Hi All

Our first event of 2008 is celebratation of one of the most popular Bond films in the series - Goldfinger. What better way to celebrate this Bond classic than with its cast and crew, including our guest of honour Guy Hamilton.

For more information please visit

www.bondstars.com/goldfinger

Regards

Andy
www.bondstars.com - The stars' official online autograph store
www.allstarautographs.co.uk - Autographs, Private Signings & Events
www.honorblackman.co.uk - Official Honor Blackman website

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Wow, Andy, kudos on putting such an awesome event together! If I could be there, I would; but, darn it all, here I am in America and having a job and all that. . . Anyway, on a scale of zero to minus 10, what are your chances of getting Sean Connery to show up? :))
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • www.bondstars.comwww.bondstars.com Pinewood Studios, LondonPosts: 373Chief of Staff
    minus 100 billion zillion :)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,624Chief of Staff
    minus 100 billion zillion :)

WOW !! Much better than I thought then :))
    YNWA 97
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Wow!

Looks to be a smashing day, still haven't decided whether or not to go to this one however.

Keep it up guys!

{[]
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    But it says on the invite you've agreed to attend Tilly! ;)

Hurry up, there's only 100 tickets. Be gone by the end of today I reckon.

I shan't be going, I went to an OHMSS gig a decade ago with Lazenby (the real one...) in attendance. Good stuff, hope they get the ambience right.

Connery might even show up, he got on well with Guy Hamilton and liked the film.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • www.bondstars.comwww.bondstars.com Pinewood Studios, LondonPosts: 373Chief of Staff
    Better hurry, there are only about 6 tickets left!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I see the event is sold out...what are the chances of still becoming a part of thos event?
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Offer to help out on the day - they could have you doing Oddjobs! :))
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Well it would depend if all those who have reserved pay for their tickets. The reserve list has quite a few people on already..as it stated if anything is available we will be in touch.

Andy
  • Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    Sadly I'm on holiday that day.

Andy - as you say your first event, are you going to let slip what might be the 2nd??? You usually do a July one so is something else being planned?
    Definately no event in July this year and no I can't let it slip :)
  • Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    I'll look forward to hearing about it in due course in that case..........

Hope the Goldfinger day is a big success.
    Who else from the boards will be attending this?
  • the007sthe007s Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Andy, Bless you for setting up this sort of thing!
    It just so happens our newly-formed 7-piece band (the 007s) has just been asked to do a similar type event at Pinewood at some point (date tbd)! And, we are about to put up our best 21 Feb '08 gig trax on myspace - that ex-Bond gal Caroline Munro witnessed and enjoyed - here in London - and we would love to be considered for your future parties if you're interested in hiring a 7-piece LIVE version of all the fabulous bond music! Again, our pre-Feb-gig trax can be checked out here: http://www.myspace.com/doubleosevens and by next week we should have the improved/enhanced (with all 7 of us!) live trax up. Best, Double K
    Hiya

Its not something we really have at our events to be honest, thanks anyway.

Andy
  • capecape Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    What are the chances that Ken Adam And Honor Blackman will join the Goldfinger event?
    Sir Ken has now confirmed but as for Honor..very slim
    Who from the board will be attending this? Would be great to catch up with folks!~
    I am.I am Vis.Ask anyone at he Cinema Store stand to point me out.
    Will there be dealers selling things at this event?
    The Mantis wrote:
    Will there be dealers selling things at this event?

At the last event there were about 3-4.
    As Pinewood have now demolished the Gatsby Suite there will only be room for 1 dealer..The Cinemastore.
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    You can now read a report on ajb007.co.uk:
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/articles/goldfinger-the-reunion/

And further details over at Bondstars.com, the link is provided in the article above.

It looks like it was an amazing event, if anyone who went would like to write a piece for ajb please let me know (and start writing it ;)).
    Simon
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Looked to be another smashing day!

{[]
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited April 2008
    '(Guy) also spoke about how he is still not quite satisfied with the movie, and feels he could improve on some scenes. Is that really possible?!' :o How can one improve upon perfection? :D Haw one can one make the sun hotter, water smoother and the sky bluer? Improving GF? That's like making death more permanent. :v It's also presumptious as no mere mortal should presume that they process the power to improve upon the miracle that is Goldfinger! {[] {[]
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Apart from the Director :)
  • Shatterhand67Shatterhand67 Safe HousePosts: 424MI6 Agent
    edited April 2008
    I can't believe how beautiful Honor Blackman still looks. It's hard to believe she's 80. I'm half her age and she still gives me naughty thoughts. Does that make me a sad git? :x
    "I musht be dreaming."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,624Chief of Staff
    I can't believe how beautiful Honor Blackman still looks. It's hard to believe she's 80. I'm half her age and she still gives me naughty thoughts. Does that make me a sad git? :x

If it does then there are a lot of us about :))
    YNWA 97