goldfinger

Zorin13Zorin13 Great BritainPosts: 8MI6 Agent
how powerful is goldfinger's bomb? he seems to think that he only needs roughly four minutes to evacuate himself and his men.

Comments

• darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    good question. Although the story indicates that it is an atomic bomb, I get the impression that it is in fact some equivalent to a low-yield "dirty" bomb that is designed not to destroy but to irradiate. If that were the case, then I'd think that four minutes is plenty of time to make it to safety.
  • JonathanDParshallJonathanDParshall Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Plus, like all supervillains, he doesn't seem to care very much about his men. It's plenty of time for just him to escape.
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    One thing I've only just thought of - if the bomb had gone off as he had planned, the value of the gold would have been a great deal higher in 58 or so years, right?

How in the world was Goldfinger going to reap the benefits in that time?
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    One thing I've only just thought of - if the bomb had gone off as he had planned, the value of the gold would have been a great deal higher in 58 or so years, right?

How in the world was Goldfinger going to reap the benefits in that time?

No, you've got it wrong.

If the bomb had gone off as planned, the entire gold supply of the United States would have been contaminated, thus decreasing the gold's value for about 58 years.

At the same time, Goldfinger's gold (which is not contaminated) would increase in value ten-fold.

In sum, Goldfinger would become a very rich man.
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • Zorin13Zorin13 Great BritainPosts: 8MI6 Agent
    Goldfinger's fortune in gold is worth twenty million. In todays prices I think thats roughly four hundred million. With fort knox contaminated it would be worth four billion in todays prices I don't know how accurate these figures are if anyone knows better feel free to post it here.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,333Chief of Staff
    Tee Hee wrote:
    In sum, Goldfinger would become a very rich man.

Spot on, Tee Hee- the book's working title (or one of them, anyway) was The Richest Man In The World.