Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,489MI6 Agent
    There is already a thread devoted to this in the QOS section. Details will not be officially released until March, but you may get a few hints in that thread.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • ArtjournoArtjourno Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I think this is the image that is more revealing...

Omega Planet Ocean - Black, with the metal strap appears to be Bond's choice for 'QoS' - I hope to see the Omega 2220.80 back as well...

http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/photos.php?yr=2008&mon=01&evt=craig-bond-22&pic=daniel-craig-bond-22-05.jpg
  • EagleEagle UKPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    Same as CR... only this time with the metal band.

Move over 22280, your time has gone.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=44035

planetocean_studio.jpg

planetocean_sand.jpg

I'll never sell mine.

:)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Hello Eagle,

I am curious, what your sources are. It is a fact, that Daniel Craig wore the PO on metal bracelet at the press conference, but it could be his personal watch.

IMHO, we have to wait a bit further to get confirmed info (unless you have it), what will be the Bond 22 watch, but it certainly will be an Omega.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    It would be nice to check out some of the screen stills but it would not be a far stretch to believe that Eagle is correct. {[]
  • NewsmanNewsman Erie, PA USAPosts: 92MI6 Agent
    I want to buy an Omega this year. What are your thoughts on quartz verses automatic?

Does it matter much as long as it's an authentic Omega?
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,489MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    Here's some news. Omega have pressed to have two watches appear in the film as they did in CR. The regular Bond Seamaster will still be the MAIN watch, but with new black bez and dial. The Planet Ocean MAY also be worn, but at the exact time I'm typing this, it is not confirmed or definate. Craig has both sizes PO as his personal watch, plus a tourbillon and a couple of others. He wore his own watch to the press conference. That is 100% definate, as those that know my source will confirm.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,763Chief of Staff
    edited January 2008
    Asp9mm wrote:
    That is 100% definate, as those that know my source will confirm.

If the man says it's 100% definate - then it's 100% definate ! And Asp9mm knows his onions - or watches in this case :D
    YNWA 97
  • EagleEagle UKPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    Newsman wrote:
    I want to buy an Omega this year. What are your thoughts on quartz verses automatic?

It has to be authentic - don't give money to criminals by buying fakes and replicas...

Go for automatic - watches with a soul.

{[]
  • Bentley Mark IVBentley Mark IV TexasPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    Damn ASP, you just cant catch a break here with the watch issue.{[]

Thats interesting that DC wears a 42 as well as a 45.5. In most pictures, DC seems to wear the 42 as his personal watch. During the press conference however it looks to me like he might be wearing the 45.5. It just stands out a bit more. Although as I pointed out in the Omega thread in the QOS section, the picture does not seem high-res enough to make out the bezel or date window. Im actually surprised if it is the 45.5, that it fits as well as it does with a dress shirt.

It may be advantageous to move this discussion to the Omega thread in the QOS section or vice versa?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    Newsman wrote:

There is no general advise if you should get a quartz watch or an automatic.

But getting a real Omega can't be a bad choice, unless you are ready to fork out a bit more cash on a Rolex :D

There are several books written on your question, but I try to resume the pros and cons:

Automatic
    pro:
    - Watches with soul and tradition
    - Mostly higher value, if you have to sell it
    - No problems with battery failure in the worst moment. Regarded to be more reliable in extreme conditions

cons:
    - more expensive in retail
    - less accurate than quartz (around 1-8 seconds per day)
    - service every 3-5 years and more expensive
    - stops when not worn or wound-up

Quartz:
    pro:
    - more accurate (1 to 10 seconds a MONTH)
    - retails for less
    - service is cheaper and can be delayed without too much damage. If the watch works, I would service it every 10 years or so)
    - runs even after 1 month in the closet
    - the watch indicates, when the battery is running flat

cons:
    - watch technology without tradition and "soul"
    - more difficult to sell
    - possible battery failure at the wrong time and place

It is up to you to balance the pros and cons, I have done my decision....
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!