Good Morning America - The Living Daylights

Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
Some good chap has uploaded a taped episode of Good Morning America from 1986 which has some very interesting behind-the-scenes footage. I also noted how positive the presenter was about Dalton, as was the reporter on-set. I expected him to have received a fairly negative airing (given the generally lukewarm reception in the U.S. to him), although I suppose breakfast television is much the same everywhere.

Footage on YouTube here.

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,597Chief of Staff
    What a great find - thanks for sharing this Lazenby880 :)
    YNWA 97
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    Spectacular stuff there!

Very interesting and almost made me fall off my seat to hear Dalton talking so in depth about Bond (something he is reluctant to do now) and also some very rare footage there too!

One happy chappy here!

{[]
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    Wow! Great find! :D

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    {[] That was great. I'm sure that was the young BB holding the videocamera, whom Dalton tells to switch the red button on. She hasn't changed much in 22 years.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,356Chief of Staff
    John Drake wrote:
    {[] That was great. I'm sure that was the young BB holding the videocamera, whom Dalton tells to switch the red button on. She hasn't changed much in 22 years.

Yup, that's her alright. Great find, Laz880- made me want to watch TLD again (and it's only been about 3 weeks since I last saw it!). One thing that really came across was the family atmosphere of shooting a Bond film- Cubby & Barbara, of course, but also familiar figures such as Glen, Wooster, etc. That's always been one of the great strengths of the 007 series and always will be; the actual people change gradually through time, but everyone takes over (or sometimes literally inherits) their role from an established predecessor one by one.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    edited January 2008
    I'm pretty sure I saw at least the first part when it first aired. Back in those pre-Internet days my antennae were up for any little bit of Bond news, since Bond news was hard to come by!

Ah, the memories. . .Joel Siegel, who died just last year after a long battle with cancer, at his corny-quipping best; lovely Joan Lunden with her oh-so-eighties 'do introducing the first half, dog-faced David Hartman the second. . . And it just seems ironic that the clip opens up with would-be Bond James Brolin in a spot for Hotel! Thanks for the trip, L880.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Walther PPKWalther PPK Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    Thanks for sharing, The Living Daylights is one of my favorite films in the series.

I liked hearing Dalton's comments on working the film and Cubby speaking about how far he had come with the series up to that point.

It was also nice to see more of the behind the scenes filming Bond escapeing from the police with the motorcycle part which was later removed from the final flim, and sneaking into Whitaker's villa.