What about Bloefeld?

Maybe it´s already been discussed, but I spot-checked some topics and didn´t find anything. Please, close this one and re-direct me if there is one, but...

Is Bloefeld finally in the QoS plot?¿Is Spectre the organization in CR? will it only be revealed at QoS end, paving the way for the unsued Spectre elements in a future movie (such as his alter ego, Dr. Shatterhand)?

Comments

• scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    I think you will find that the organization that Mr White works for is along the same lines as a Spectre type group of villains but updated for today's society -although I'm not exactly sure it will be run by a Blofeld type character but rather a group of like-minded villains working together -however villainous ego's will certainly make it interesting from Bond's point of view if this is how they are going to operate as no doubt his industrious work will put a spanner in the works from time to time and cause conflict within the organization. I think though a Blofeld type character will undoubtedly be hinted along the way. But hey this is just conjecture. :)
  • De BleuchampDe Bleuchamp Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    I'm wondering if Kevin McClory died last year, he had the rights to the Blofeld character and Thunderball story, which was why he tried to make remakes like NSNAgain.
    Do those charcter rights pass to his family, or can the Bond Producers now resurrect the Blofeld character? Or maybe this new "organisation" is just similar but different.
    De Bleuchamp.
    "One chance-where can I find Blofeld? C-C-Cairo."
  • VirgilVirgil Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    An agreement was reached I think; I´m not sure if they can use TB storyline and characters.
    I started the topic because somewhere in internet I read the character list in QoS and it read, "Dominique Greene (Ernst Stavro Bloefeld)". Hopefully it´s Bloefeld, and Spectre the organization. That would open so many possibilities for future movies IMO.
  • SpectreBlofeldSpectreBlofeld AroundPosts: 364MI6 Agent
    I will make an appearance if my schedule allows for it :)

Seriously, though, even if the Blofeld name is off-limits, re-incarnating the literary character under the Dr. Shatterhand name would be great.
  • VirgilVirgil Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    Seriously, though, even if the Blofeld name is off-limits, re-incarnating the literary character under the Dr. Shatterhand name would be great.

Absolutely. Even using the storyline of the castle of death from YOLT novel would be different and cool.
  • MailfistMailfist Posts: 241MI6 Agent
    Hope Blofeld and SPECTRE do not reappear. For me the both belong in the 60's and the SC era.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Same could be said for Bond himself. ;)

I wouldn't mind Blofeld/SPECTRE back, but as scarry says the new whatever looks to be about the same thing anyway, so for all intents we are getting that whole vibe back. Thank you Haggis! {[]
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    I just hope it doesn't become a tired and repetitive sort of thing
  • a rogue AIa rogue AI Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    Personally, and I'm aware many would disagree on this, I'd be very happy to see Blofeld return (rather, reintroduced); it could be explicitly revealed that Greene is him, or hinted at. Either name could be an alias, etc...

I wonder what's happening with the Blofeld/SPECTRE/TB rights. Didn't EON buy them back from Kevin McClory recently? Was it directly from he, or from his estate after his death? Does Jack Whittingham (his estate) factor in this at all? I don't know, but am looking forward to getting my copy of Battle for Bond.
  • AM-DB7AM-DB7 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    I think both SPECTRE and Bloefeld would meld well with the QOS' story. However both the organisation and Blofeld himself would have to be of a contemporary calibre in terms of scheming, ruthlesness etc
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    I'll put my vote in as a 'no' to the resurrection of Blofeld.

As said before, Blofeld is the nemesis of the '60's. I am 100% in favor of developing a new arch nemesis type of character for the DC era.

You know, something new for an enemy. He could sit in a chair and stroke the back of a yappy little bug eyed chihuahua. No, seriously something entirely new. The only thing I would maintain from the Blofeld character is the unflappable arrogance. That is such a great trait in a villian.
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,969MI6 Agent
    In CR, calling Mr. White "Mr. White" was a mistake because that name is inextricably bound up with Tarantino's character in 'Reservoir Dogs'... so it seemed like a pointless, misplaced allusion to RD. But, as a template, in all other respects this CR character was just right for "the organisation": he was a suitably shadowy, sinister figure, very well cast, and akin to the idea of a SPECTRE agent as Fleming originally envisaged it. I could easily have lived with THAT character being called Blofeld... and I'd even accept Al Pacino as Blofeld, too, provided he was directed away from the temptation to ham it up, and played it with the brooding cool of a Michael Corleone in 'Godfather Part 2'.
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • armourerarmourer United KingdomPosts: 41MI6 Agent
    If Pacino is going to be in QoS (and its one hell of a big if), he would be an interesting Blofeld as long as his secret weapon isn't being able to shout so loud that he blows Bond's head off.
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    I really don't think Bond will jump on the silly wagon so soon after it's revamp, but still, look at DAF and OP.
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • scottbuster2000scottbuster2000 Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Since EON is Hell Bent on emphasizing the Flemming aspect of the Bond legacy(Cheers to that!!!)it would seem likely that they would use SPECTRE. It perfectly applies to the new story arch. SPECTRE hasn't been used since 1971 so what is old is new again.
    I highly doubt that 'Ellipsis' is the name of the Terrorist Organization as it's been suggested, it's most likely a code word that relates to the one Big project that SPECTRE? has going on. Remember QOS starts 10 or so minutes after CR which is new to the series. After all QOS is as much movie number 2 as it is 22. Anything is possible, the usual obligatory scenes(Q, Moneypenny etc) have been dispense with. That's not to say they wont return, 5 will get you 10 both Q & Penny will be back but not every movie. I think each movie will now follow each other(Time wise)as if it was an on going story kind of like the Lord of the Rings Trilogy accept where in the Rings the main characters knew there objective (Destroy ring-End of story). Bond does not know what the Big Picture is yet. So I think each ongoing movie will have a different bad guy scheme complements of SPECTRE?, just like the 60's films. However this time around each movies scheme is a single piece of a much larger sinister puzzle which Bond only knows as 'Ellipsis'. With each film Bond puts out a series of small fires(La Chiffre, Dominic Greene etc.)which eventually leads to the Big Kahuna-Blofeld? Suffice to say when you watch the complete story arch it will nit together in realistic fashion as one big story. Gone are the days when you have a super rich Megalomaniac(Mr.Big,Strongberg,Zoron,Whittaker,Renard etc.)who wants to rule the world, Bond defeats them end of story.
    I watch CR again the other night and you had this cool feeling that even though Bond will win the battle there's something bigger afoot that will live beyond CR. Those who watched the Connery movies for the first time(TMWTGG was my first theatrical experience) because of the presence of SPECTRE must of felt the same. I believe we are in the middle of the second golden age with Bond.(Dalton behind Connery is my favorite but any momentum during his tenure was nuettered by law suits, plus even though I love TLD & LTK they were stand alone stories and the Bond series needed something more than just a new 007). Finally with Craig we have that. The reboot idea was brilliant, GO EON GO!!!
    M - "There's only a Quantum of Solace in any act of Revenge. You may find in the end Bond, that the consolation you receive does not live up to the pain."
    BOND - "Yes but the pain is mine...and so shall be the solace."
  • cbdouble07cbdouble07 Posts: 132MI6 Agent
    I've been hoping for SPECTRE and Blofeld since the end of CR and don't see that changing. Having that sinister organization in the background always seemed to give the SPECTRE films an added air of menace. I would love to see SPECTRE return and am equally in favor of Blofeld (done right this time).
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    Well, considering we are witnessing Bond "in the make" , Blofeld could make his very first appearance into Bond's life. But all in all I also link Blofeld to the 60's and DAF, so I wouldn't be crazy about it.