Troubleshooting help!

darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
Anyone can help me with this...

All I need to know is if you guys can see my avatar at the moment. On my screen it's currently missing. The image is hosted on my personal domain but I'm having trouble pulling up my personal website. Everything is acting like the site has up and left.

The webhost technical support doesn't see anything wrong their end. They say the site is pulling up fine, so I'm trying to isolate the problem.

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I see Indy.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    So do I.The problem must be at your end.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Thanks! I'm glad the site is still functioning...now I just have to figure out why it ain't working on my end.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I can also see your avatar. I also would like to complement you on a good looking website. Very clean!
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    I can too, Darenhat. And I must insist you put your pants back on ...
    Thanks for the help, gentlemen. My issue remains a mystery. For some reason, our company server can't access my website, but it seems that it is a very local issue, so I'm not concerned about it right now. Thanks again for your help!

...and, just so you know, highhopes! I don't need pants (I have chaps!)
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    It's all clear, are you sure your company hasn't blocked the site? Or some sort of local dns issue, you may have to get your ISP to sort that out or just wait and it should clear up. I don't know the details of that issue, but a quick Google search might cast some light!
    Simon
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    darenhat wrote:
    ...and, just so you know, highhopes! I don't need pants (I have chaps!)

Now there's a disturbing image. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    SiCo wrote:
    It's all clear, are you sure your company hasn't blocked the site? Or some sort of local dns issue, you may have to get your ISP to sort that out or just wait and it should clear up. I don't know the details of that issue, but a quick Google search might cast some light!

I'm going to take the 'wait and see' approach. I've never had a problem before. Honestly, I rarely visit the site myself, and I see no reason why it would be purposely blocked, while I'm able to visit every other sites on the web.

The site works fine on my home computer, and friends don't have any problems on their end. I'll sit back and give it time and try not to take it personally.

Thanks everyone for your help! :)
  • The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    edited February 2008
    Forgive me if I'm suggesting something obvious, but have you tried clearing your cache, Daren? I've found that too many old cookies or 'sessions' and whatnot clogging up the temp folders can cause all sorts of issues. There's a program called "Windows Cleanup!" that will clear all temporary files--providing you're using Windows, that is... :(|)

http://www.majorgeeks.com/CleanUp_d4895.html

Hope this helps. :)