Elvis? Is he the henchman?

emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,738MI6 Agent
In this photo you can see that 'Elvis' is planned for release as an action figure from Quantum of Solace:
http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=89689
Could this be the henchman character as played by Anatole Taubmann?

Also- there might be a Bond Boat released according to another shot in there! Confirmed boat chase?

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,885Chief of Staff
    Actually, it's a misprint. The character is really a Latino drug lord named El Vez.

:007)
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,738MI6 Agent
    Arf! And of course; there really is an Elvis impersonator called that- he's a Mexican version.

Not my personal favourite, though- that's the Indian version called, yup: Elvis Patelvis. Genius :D

And no; I'm not making that up! :)
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    Gotta Love the LeChiffre 'action' figure.

Does it come with real "rope swinging torture action"? When you squeeze his stomach does his eye weep blood? Perhaps he's fully posable and you can make him sit down while his girlfriend gets tortured.

Seriously, other than make him play cards what action would you do with LeChiffre? :D
  • MacrossmasterMacrossmaster Tulsa, OKPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    But...but he can reduce mere mortals to a puddle by his withering stare and maniacal fashion sense.

Hmm. Yeah, it doesn't matter how articulated he is...but he IS still going in my CR display. :)
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    Smoke_13 wrote:

Does it come with real "rope swinging torture action"? When you squeeze his stomach does his eye weep blood? Perhaps he's fully posable and you can make him sit down while his girlfriend gets tortured.

Seriously, other than make him play cards what action would you do with LeChiffre? :D

Does it come with that inhaler for his asthma?
    I can't believe I forgot the inhaler!!!

...I need to go back to comedy school.
    Smoke_13 wrote:

Well I wouldn't worry because I'm not sure they're actually going to make him- I think that's just a test sculpt rather than one they will make. He's not in the list of figures they have on the posters.
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    So is it Maurice Greene or Dominic Greene? "I'm a little confused" ;)
    unitedkingdom.png

Heh! Bearing in mind that they didn't make their display before the title of the film was announced by the looks of it (or before they'd had time to colour everything in, or, er, work out what a DBS looks like!), I'd guess some of the character names might not be up to date either! So 'Elvis' may or may not be locked, I suppose.

Well we wouldn't want that would we? {[]
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    New rumor is, Neil Jackson is cast as "Mr. Slate." Villain, I'd guess. "Mr. White," "Dominic Greene," "Mr. Slate"...if these are the "color" names for the bad guys, not too shabby then IMO. :)
  • Agent SidewinderAgent Sidewinder Posts: 223MI6 Agent
    blueman wrote:
    New rumor is, Neil Jackson is cast as "Mr. Slate."

Will MI6 be hiring Fred Flintstone as Bond's field assistant, then? ;)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,472Chief of Staff
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Actually, it's a misprint. The character is really a Latino drug lord named El Vez.

:( Probably preventing a possible parade of particularly poor Presley puns from yours truly :D .
  • cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:

:007)

So when Bond offs El Vez, will he say "El Vez has left the building?"
    cpoulos62 wrote:

:)) That's all right!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Barbel wrote:
    cpoulos62 wrote:

:)) That's all right!

:)) I can definitely get behind that :)) ...and it should happen right after Bond chucks this El Vez fellow out of a high window :v

B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    ...and it should happen right after Bond chucks this El Vez fellow out of a high window

... and he goes way down ;% .
  • VC_Dirty MindVC_Dirty Mind Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    I wonder if Bond is going to make a joke about the colour names of his enemies? We all know the Plenty O'Toole and Pussy Galore jokes.

Or maybe the name Slate tells us how Slate is going to die. Slate means a fine-grained metamorphic rock that splits into thin, smooth-surfaced layers. Maybe Bond will let him rock and roll, like Elvis :p
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    I wonder if Bond is going to make a joke about the colour names of his enemies? We all know the Plenty O'Toole and Pussy Galore jokes.

Or maybe the name Slate tells us how Slate is going to die. Slate means a fine-grained metamorphic rock that splits into thin, smooth-surfaced layers. Maybe Bond will let him rock and roll, like Elvis :p

Maybe Elvis/El-Vez will make Bond a drink: "There you go Mr Bond - A Vodka Martini - All Shook Up - Not Stirred!"
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    MI6.co.uk is reporting that Anatole Taubman's character is indeed going to be named Elvis.

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=5924
    It's going to be very hard for Eon, I think, not to have some fun with the 'Elvis' moniker, reboot and 'new tone' notwithstanding. This is a test... :v
    It's going to be very hard for Eon, I think, not to have some fun with the 'Elvis' moniker, reboot and 'new tone' notwithstanding. This is a test... :v

What? You mean there'll be a lot of Elvis Stojko jokes?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:

Well...obviously :p
    Hardyboy wrote:

Well, it's now or never!
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    Anatole Taubman`s French henchman character confirmed to be called Elvis

his confirmed
    Elvis is in the building !
    Elvis is in the building !

Too much... there'll be double trouble... (it's like shooting fish in a barrel :D )
    This news has me all shook up. Fish in a barrel? This is more like shooting fish in a shot glass!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Elvis?!!!! What the.............

:D :))