The COLLECTION is not ENOUGH

This topic regards all of our Bond collections

weither it be replica props and originals.

MODELS and CARS

music CD's & LP'S

Constumes and memoriabilia

I am asking you all how much is too much.

I want your personal opinions regarding this

do you think there should be a limit to our collections

or should be take our collections to the absolute limits ? :p

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Yes, you should be limited to what you can fit on this earth...
  • Jimbo Bond 007Jimbo Bond 007 UKPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    Too much is when you have spent this months wages on Bond items already and there are still 2+ weeks until the next pay day!

No, joking aside I think it's great to have a huge Bond collection, but then again I would say that.
  • EagleEagle UKPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Yes, you should be limited to what you can fit on this earth...
    Lol - fair one! {[]
  • SpectreIslandSpectreIsland spectreislandPosts: 274MI6 Agent
    When it comes to Bond collecting, I always try to purchase the best that's available within my budget. So I would say for me it's quality over quantity, especially since available display space also factors into the equation.
  • Jimbo Bond 007Jimbo Bond 007 UKPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    When it comes to Bond collecting, I always try to purchase the best that's available within my budget. So I would say for me it's quality over quantity, especially since available display space also factors into the equation.

I totally agree. It is always tempting to buy anything Bond related but at the end of the day you are always better buying items that are good quality and in good condition and most importantly that you like.
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    display space and budget seem to be the winning factors here.

its good to know others opinions regarding this.

MY main factor is display and storage space.

I am going to make a full scale jet pack from THUNDERBALL soon and i have no idea where to put it. probibly make a display stand for it.

and put it next to my golden gun, odd job hat klebb shoe and jaws teeth display. although they are all in a glass case.
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    Yes, budget plays a big part in my collection, but display space?

I wish I could display all of my collection, but apart from (most of) the books and the CDs, everything else is either not easily seen (vinyl albums in a cupboard), boxed (magazines and scrap books) or lying around ;% awaiting a box. I've got another two book cases awaiting space and time to put together and also a couple of glass display cases, again waiting time and space.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,654MI6 Agent
    Actually, I collect too many things, that keeping up with "just the things I like" still proves too much, that nowadays I'm limiting my aquisitions to just Bond merchandise.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    My collection is an ever changing one. Like the ever changing world in which we live in, since there is a thing called limited space, if I buy a new collectible...one has to go! This way, I only end up with the pieces taht I really, really like.
    This past year I turned down an SD Studios attache case, an original Connery beach towel, and some other goodies so I could save $ to buy a really large collectible- an Aston Martin! Oh yes, the rocket gun (from YOLT) was another one I had to pass on..
    ...I have not yet begun to spend...
    I have set myself a rule only merchandiceing if it is of a top quality like Auto art cars and corgi icon figures. and the new figures coming soon.

posters and photos and referance books.

and solely based on props and replicas.
    Display is an interesting topic altogether...for me the decisions came around what I would display and what I wouldn't....my display area is a good size but about 3 years ago it was mixed with other props and costumes for other films I enjoyed...that soon gave away to mostly Bond displays and the "non-Bond" pieces went into my "work room display area". Now the only areas of non-Bond pieces are The Mummy and Indiana Jones which goes nicely with our Casablanca type sitting area of our walk out basement. The concious decision to create a separate display area for EACH of the Bond films was not an easy one as I had to create a logical flow to my display area which covers the walk out basement (~1800 sq. feet) which includes a bathroom, sitting area, Media Room, work room, and walk way---
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    ..... to my display area which covers the walk out basement (~1800 sq. feet) which includes a bathroom, sitting area, Media Room, work room, and walk way---

guys..it's breaking my heart to see this beauty up for sale every few months...

http://cgi.ebay.com/James-Bond-007-Tomorrow-Never-Dies-Devonshire-Boat-Prop_W0QQitemZ200094253562QQihZ010QQcategoryZ60360QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

David, it's 65x10x20feet high...surely it'd fit somewhere within your 1800 sq feet?.. :D
    Now if itwas only the Stealth Ship...;)
    lol there was a model some time ago on ebay which someone custom made of the stealth ship wonder if anyone knows who the guy was on these forums. ?