War At Set (ALL LIES)

bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
Just got A Google Alert

JAMES BOND star DANIEL CRAIG escaped injury on the set of new movie QUANTUM OF SOLACE after gang wars erupted in Central America Cast and crew were caught in a gun battle between rival gangsters during filming for the next installment of the superspy franchise in Panama. Armed guards have now been called in to guard the film's cast and crew in fear of further attacks. A representative of EON Productions, which makes the Bond films, says, "We hope that filming should be able to go ahead as normal from now on. None of the cast have been harmed."

ahhhh

http://forum.bondaholic.com/cms_view_article.php?aid=25

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Not much of an endorsement for Panama as a film location :o

Hopefully they can get the film in the can---and get the hell out of there---before something really bad happens...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    But it should be nothing for 007, right? ;) {:)
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,721MI6 Agent
    edited February 2008

Or it would be if it were true; apparently La Prensa (the local news service) has this quote:
    "It's not true that we have had some big problem in Panama," said Barbara Broccoli, a producer of the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, which is being filmed at several locations in Panama.

Broccoli, together with producers Callum McDougall and Michael G. Wilson went on to say that they were never attacked by a gang here, as was reported last weekend by the British Daily Star.

Wilson joked that the only thing he had lost in the last few days was "cheese."

Broccoli, who is the daughter of legendary producer Albert R. Broccoli, creator of the James Bond film saga, said they are very happy in Panama. "Everyone is very friendly and helpful. . .it's a beautiful country, and the government has offered us its collaboration," she added.

I think after last time we should know not to believe everything we read in papers about events on the set of Bond films! :)

http://primapanama.blogs.com/
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    google lied:(
    google lied:(

But wikipedia never does! :D
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    I'm more interested in the Case of Wilson's Missing Queso! ?:)
  • cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:

Quantumiso de Queso !! .... :))
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:

Was it simply mislaid, or is it part of something more sinister? :o
    It'll most likely be the plot for Bond 23. Missing cheese...
  • ClarkyClarky IndianaPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    John Drake wrote:
    darenhat wrote:

Was it simply mislaid, or is it part of something more sinister? :o

The "Cheese" contained microfilm of plans by neo-Soviets to take back Russia. Bond 23 will be called "Gouda bye, Mr. Bond" or "Cheddar Luck Next Time."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited February 2008
    emtiem wrote:

Or it would be if it were true; apparently La Prensa (the local news service) has this quote:
    "It's not true that we have had some big problem in Panama," said Barbara Broccoli, a producer of the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, which is being filmed at several locations in Panama.

Broccoli, together with producers Callum McDougall and Michael G. Wilson went on to say that they were never attacked by a gang here, as was reported last weekend by the British Daily Star.

Wilson joked that the only thing he had lost in the last few days was "cheese."

Broccoli, who is the daughter of legendary producer Albert R. Broccoli, creator of the James Bond film saga, said they are very happy in Panama. "Everyone is very friendly and helpful. . .it's a beautiful country, and the government has offered us its collaboration," she added.

I think after last time we should know not to believe everything we read in papers about events on the set of Bond films! :)

http://primapanama.blogs.com/

Well, of course it's quite a relief to hear that they are having no problems whatsoever, and there are no 'gang-related' issues affecting the shoot. As far as total fabrications go, this one might be the prize winner thus far...

For a moment there, I was afraid that craigspicturenextoamonkey.com had infiltrated Panama's indigenous populace :v

Style points awarded to The Daily Star for the sheer size and audacity of their fictioneering---which differed from your run-of-the-mill 'Craig can't drive a stick' or 'Craig's obsessed with ladies' toiletries' stories, IMO, because something as big as gang violence near the set of a major film production can easily be disproven within a news cycle...

Another triumph for B******t Journalism; no doubt their reporting on everything else is equally trustworthy.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    DAWUSS wrote:
    It'll most likely be the plot for Bond 23. Missing cheese...

Obviously a spy who loved Brie...;%