Young Bond 5

zencatzencat Studio City, CAPosts: 224MI6 Agent
edited February 2008 in James Bond Literature
I got an update about Young Bond 5 from The Man himself!

Charlie has been writing the book in Italy for the past month and will deliver his manuscript only a week behind schedule. A major Fleming echo will be the inclusion of Hannes Oberhauser, Bond’s climbing and skiing instructor (who's later killed in Octopussy).

Also, there is a title! While it can’t be revealed just yet, Charlie reports that the title is very Flemingesque, and it is not The Shadow War, Diamond Rain, Dynamite Kiss, or any of the other working titles.

Full story here:
http://www.youngbonddossier.com/Young_Bond/Danger_Society_News/Entries/2008/2/24_Major_Young_Bond_5_update_from_Charlie_Higson.html
www.thebookbond.com - New Look. New Book. Pure BOND.

Comments

• bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    I love the youngbond books. when does it come out?
  • zencatzencat Studio City, CAPosts: 224MI6 Agent
    Book 5 comes out in the UK on Sept. 4.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,572Chief of Staff
    zencat wrote:
    Book 5 comes out in the UK on Sept. 4.

Do you know if this will be released in hardback format, from the outset, in the UK - zencat ?

Also, have you any idea if they plan to release Hurricane Gold in the Limited Collectors Edition format that the previous books where released in ?

Thanks for any info, zencat.
    YNWA 97
    edited February 2008
    Yep, Book 5 will be released as a hardcover in the UK in Sept.

Don't know about a HG Special edition. Thing is, they released a limited set of the normal hardcovers signed and numbered (I got #007), so they've kind of done it already. But let's hope for a Limited Collectors Edition with slipcase, etc. that will match the others.
  • cbdouble07cbdouble07 Posts: 132MI6 Agent
    I must admit that I've never read any of these books. Since I love the Fleming books and have heard really good things about the young Bond books maybe I should give them a shot.
    when will the title be announced then ?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,572Chief of Staff
    zencat wrote:
    Yep, Book 5 will be released as a hardcover in the UK in Sept.

Don't know about a HG Special edition. Thing is, they released a limited set of the normal hardcovers signed and numbered (I got #007), so they've kind of done it already. But let's hope for a Limited Collectors Edition with slipcase, etc. that will match the others.

Okay - I'll 'hope away' :))

Seriously, thanks for the info zencat. And why am I not surprised that you got the #007 copy of HG :)) I got a numbered and signed copy too - #161. In fact the only copy of all these Young Bonds that I missed - and that I want - is the SilverFin uncorrected book proof. All well, the fun is in the chase !!

While I'm picking your brain, zencat, did they release any of the books (after SilverFin) in large print ?

Thanks again.
    YNWA 97
    edited February 2008
    As far as I know, SilverFin was the only one released in large print.

SilverFin proofs do show up on eBay from time to time. I have one, but I never got in the foil wrapper.

bondaholic007, I don't know when the title announcement is coming, but I'm hoping soon. I'll post here when it happens.
    edited March 2008
    Just got this alert to via email. Great title