Official: Tom Ford suiting Bond

I was just flipping channels and caught some QoS info on ET. Tom Ford is making the suits. Guess this puts the Dunhill rumor to rest.

ps: I hate the shawl lapel on a black jacket.

Comments

• NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Tom Ford has the most pathetic, disgusting, amazing, greatest advertisements in men's style magazines. Sounds good to me!

I'm pretty sure Craig had a say in this. I remember him getting in a "fight" with the GQ style people because he wanted to wear his own custom Tom Ford suit during the photoshoot.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,738MI6 Agent
    The plot thickens! I'm not sure ET are a rock solid source, but this would make sense, what with Craig's preference for the designer.

So Bond might have gone American, eh?
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    They didn't just mention it, they were discussing it with Craig.

Makes me wonder about those acetate aviators that were being discussed a couple of weeks ago.
    They didn't just mention it, they were discussing it with Craig.

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I understand that they don't actually say Tom Ford in his presence; is that right? Unless he actually said that Bond wears Ford I'm tempted not to buy it 100% just yet (although it doesn't seem far fetched at all).
  • cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    I think like the Oliver Peoples sunglasses, until someone reaches out to Tom Ford and gets a positiove, it may be better to take this with a grain of salt and for what it is worth.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    There is a thread about the same topic in the memorabilia section:

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=30066&cpage=2

I have not seen the ET interview, but from what I read there, the mod mentioned, that Daniel is looking well in his Tom Ford clothing.

This may be regarding his private clothing and may not be referring to the film used clothing. Can someone confirm this?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    There's definitely a bit missing from the youtube link at 5:13. I distinctly remember them discussing the suits with Craig and having gone through forty of them(I don't know if that was one style or multiples), but I can't promise they said Tom Ford in the same sentance.
    Well I've watched it now and from the way the Insider presenter talked about it 'making fashion history' with Tom Ford suits, you're quite right- I don't think that would come from anywhere but an official source.
    Good news! Quite a brand.
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Well I've watched it now and from the way the Insider presenter talked about it 'making fashion history' with Tom Ford suits, you're quite right- I don't think that would come from anywhere but an official source.

Is Insider another show that had a Bond special? I don't remember them discussing suits at all with Craig on ET. I will have to watch it again when I get home. All I remember hearing was the interviewer making a comment about Daniel looking good in his Tom Ford suit. I even rewound it to listen to it again, and then posted right after watching it.
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
    The part when Craig was asked about suits was a segment or two later. They split the interview over the whole show, very annoying.
    00-Agent wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

Is Insider another show that had a Bond special? I don't remember them discussing suits at all with Craig on ET.

I'm not really sure; seems to be a sister show to ET or something; the presenters handed over to each other. It's on the YouTube versions of the clips; she talks briefly about Tom Ford 'making fashion history' (who's 'dressed stars such as Madonna') and then it cuts to Craig talking about how bad he feels destroying the beautiful suits.
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    I've contacted Tom Ford and for now this is all we have:

"Unfortunately, I cannot comment at this time, but will be in touch if and when any information becomes available."
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!
    Well a 'no comment' suggests 'yes' to me; otherwise you'd just say no, wouldn't you?
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Not necessarily. They would enjoy the publicity I'm sure.
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    Another story in Vogue seems to be a more official confirmation. I can't watch the video that is linked from the story... anyone?

http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=51188
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!
    Nothing in the video about Bond, but what was written is more or less exactly what I heard and posted, down to the number forty.
    Nothing in the video about Bond, but what was written is more or less exactly what I heard and posted, down to the number forty.

Well that's exactly what he said on The Insider piece, so not very surprising! They're just reporting what he said on that, so it's no more conclusive than what we heard before.
    So it was on the insider piece? It wasn't on the youtube et piece I watched so I thought it wasn't posted.
    So it was on the insider piece? It wasn't on the youtube et piece I watched so I thought it wasn't posted.

Yeah, the one on YouTube I watched had the ET piece followed by something called The Insider on which he talked about wrecking 40 or so suits, although he didn't actually say they were Tom Ford; but the presenter did seem pretty certain.
  • TylerTyler Posts: 184MI6 Agent
    Bond and Tom Ford!....Cool!
    Never fear the event
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    was flying this week so unable to log-on but picked up a copy of The Times on Monday - and in it's Times 2 section it had a pice on Bond and Clothing called 'Licence to Kit' with all 6 gents next to each other on the cover. Inside were two pagess devoted to Bond and his attire over the years.

Did anyone else see this - as I cannot find any mention on here?