Details on QoS Action Sequence

LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
Both MI6 and CBn are reporting that about three weeks of Second Unit shooting took place in Mexico in late January/early February:

http://commanderbond.net/article/4910
Apparently a Marchetti, which is an Italian military trainer jet---equipped with machine guns---has been filmed as part of an aerial action sequence: "I'm the typical bad guy, trying to shoot down James Bond, who's flying in another plane." B-) The pilot is Steve Hinton, who's flown planes in movies for 30 years. His work includes Pearl Harbor, We Were Soldiers and the upcoming Iron Man.

Pretty cool. :007)
Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

Comments

• NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    So I guess Craig, like Brosnan and Moore, knows how to pilot a jet?
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    So I guess Craig, like Brosnan and Moore, knows how to pilot a jet?

Natch. His latest dossier has him qualified on all sorts of vehicles...including aircraft B-)

Of course, we don't know exactly what he's flying, yet... :v Could be anything. My money's on 007, though...
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,738MI6 Agent
    Well, we don't even know that Bond's piloting the other aircraft, yet. Who knows? :)
  • the golden gun guythe golden gun guy USAPosts: 102MI6 Agent
    Dang, so far this film is sounding disapointing. Boat chases, car chases and aircraft chases. I really hope they do this film right. :(
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Michael Wilson wasn't lying about there being twice as much action - hopefully it will all be done in a smart, sophisticated, realistic way.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    edited March 2008
    emtiem wrote:
    Well, we don't even know that Bond's piloting the other aircraft, yet. Who knows? :)

Yes...of course. He might just be a passenger. :) Seems a bit passive for our man, though---and it's not the impression I got from the article---but indeed, who knows? :)

That said...if he begins the encounter as a passenger, it doesn't take much of an imagination to envision that he probably doesn't finish it that way... :007)
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    That said...if he begins the encounter as a passenger, it doesn't take much of an imagination to envision that he probably doesn't finish it that way... :007)

Indeed, I imagine this could be where this previously mentioned "parachute" sequence might come in? :007)
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.