Devil May Care theme

PaulAppPaulApp Posts: 1MI6 Agent
I have to say I've really enjoyed following the DMC competition run by Penguin Books.

There were some bizare entries and some pretty good songs.

I quite like the five finalists. My favourite by far is the one by RTY. It sounds so authentic I could easily imagine it featuring in a Bond movie, whereas the others just don't capture Bond for me.

Give it a listen and you'll see what I mean.

http://uk.myspace.com/devilmaycarebook

PA

Comments

• bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    I voted for the first one.
    I am confused can anyone help?
    The novel by faulks is being published on May 22nd, So why is a theme song needed ?
    Is it being made into a film or somthing?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,378Chief of Staff
    edited March 2008
    There's no film planned- EON have said they have no plans to film any of the continuation novels (they'd have to pay more to do that) but who knows, maybe someday?

As for the songs, many songwriters- professional and otherwise- like to have a bash at a Bond title hoping their song might be used (I did it myself once about 20 years ago with one called "Licence Revoked" when it was the original title for LTK). EON don't accept submissions, though, whether for songs or scripts. If they want you, they contact you and commission work. (I'm available this summer, guys! :D )
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    And now the winner has been announced: Sal, a Cardiff-based four-piece!

Congratulations to Sal!
  • chameleonchameleon Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hey guys, here is my entry for the comp. I tried to go for a more classic John Barry-esque sound. Alas it wasnt meant to be the winner, but I'm still proud of it, you can listen and download here...

www.myspace.com/tommychameleon007

Let me know what ya think!
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,970MI6 Agent
    edited June 2008
    chameleon wrote:
    Let me know what ya think!

I enjoyed that! Maybe it's a bit more like an Arnold homage to Barry than like Barry himself, but it suits the genre. Great work by the vocalist, too.
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • msherm007msherm007 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    How about posting License Revoked where we may all give a listen?
  • sharpshootersharpshooter Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    I don’t mind the theme that won actually; I endorsed it from the get going. It was wedged in my head for a while after I listened to it, that’s always a good sign.
  • Son Of BarbelSon Of Barbel Posts: 227MI6 Agent
    msherm007 wrote:
    How about posting License Revoked where we may all give a listen?

My dad says its on a cassette up in the attic. I dont think he can be bothered putting it on cd and putting it online