Bond Films Don't Make Sense

2»

Comments

• RJJBRJJB United StatesPosts: 346MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    ...I can not accept Craig as Bond (take that Loeff. :p :)))

:# :'( :v :D

So does that mean that you will not be seeing Quantum of Solace?
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    RJJB wrote:
    Dan Same wrote:
    ...I can not accept Craig as Bond (take that Loeff. :p :)))

Nah...my friend Dan Same will see QoS, for the same reason I saw all of Moore's entries; I didn't accept him in the role, but I was glad they were still making Bond movies...and besides, there's always something to enjoy, regardless of who wears the tux :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    "Accept" RM as Bond, never a problem. "Enduring" his tenure was challenging - but I saw them all. It took Lee Tamahouri and PB to actually put me "off" oo7.......

Thankfully that was only a blip!
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Tatoo wrote:
    I'm tired of B.S. in movies. Yeah, Bond movies are fiction, but does that mean they have to be so unrealistic? Wouldn't they be better if they were more believable?

I'm big supporter of more "realistic" or "believable" Bond films. But these are relative terms. If what we wanted was slavish realism, there wouldn't be any Bond films because secret agents like Bond (or Bourne, or Ethan Hunt or Matt Helm) simply don't exist in the real world. I liked CR because it presented Bond as more human and the material in a more serious manner -- as opposed to the incessant winking at the audience that marred so many of the previous entries -- but I wouldn't call it truly realistic. These films are the celluloid equivalents of pulp fiction or comic books, not documentaries. If you want realism, go see The Good Shepherd or The Spy Who Came in From the Cold. Both very, very good films, in my opinion, but they're not exactly anyone's idea of a good time. Not by Bond standards, anyway.
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Third page? Really?
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited March 2008
    Third page? Really?

Yeah! :p Great, innit? :(|)

You do what you can/must when things are slow... {[] And, after all, don't we make a habit of rising above it all? :D Lemonade from lemons, et cetera?

Or not? [suddenly paranoid :o ]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • RJJBRJJB United StatesPosts: 346MI6 Agent

Nah...my friend Dan Same will see QoS, for the same reason I saw all of Moore's entries; I didn't accept him in the role, but I was glad they were still making Bond movies...and besides, there's always something to enjoy, regardless of who wears the tux :007)[/quote]

In the case of the Moore movies, it was the end credits. I always accepted Moore in movies. There was no other option. But I sure didn't like him.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    RJJB wrote:
    Nah...my friend Dan Same will see QoS, for the same reason I saw all of Moore's entries; I didn't accept him in the role, but I was glad they were still making Bond movies...and besides, there's always something to enjoy, regardless of who wears the tux :007)
    -{ Loeff is absolutely right and I culdn't have put it any better myself. {[]
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • TatooTatoo Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:
    Tatoo wrote:
    I'm tired of B.S. in movies. Yeah, Bond movies are fiction, but does that mean they have to be so unrealistic? Wouldn't they be better if they were more believable?

I'm big supporter of more "realistic" or "believable" Bond films. But these are relative terms. If what we wanted was slavish realism, there wouldn't be any Bond films because secret agents like Bond (or Bourne, or Ethan Hunt or Matt Helm) simply don't exist in the real world. I liked CR because it presented Bond as more human and the material in a more serious manner -- as opposed to the incessant winking at the audience that marred so many of the previous entries -- but I wouldn't call it truly realistic. These films are the celluloid equivalents of pulp fiction or comic books, not documentaries. If you want realism, go see The Good Shepherd or The Spy Who Came in From the Cold. Both very, very good films, in my opinion, but they're not exactly anyone's idea of a good time. Not by Bond standards, anyway.

Well, I suppose if they were more realistic and believable, they would be less exciting.