QoS Song/Artist Rumour

Hey, Jimmy here
A couple of days ago on MSNBC there was an interview with Barbara Broccoli (the Quantum of Solace producer da!) and she was talking about who could potentially be the performer of the song promoting the new 007 movie and she said they narrowed it down to 5 people. She didn’t really want to say who but she did say that their number one would be… U2 and this indie guy Luke Janus (she said they could use his song but have someone else sing it – like Amy Winehouse). I found his myspace and you can listen to that song they were talking about and see if it would fit.
www.myspace.com/lukejanus
JJB
{[]

Comments

• taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    I think we should leave this thread open and discuss who we think will (and wont) be singing the theme. Abotu time we have a dedicated thread for it.

As for U2 - I dunno. Bono and Edge wrote GoldenEye and didnt perform the track. They have a Bond connection
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    U2 could be fantastic, however I doubt they would do it. They wrote GE, and I would imagine they now have other priorities. I think that Amy Whinehouse would be a more realistic (and better) choice.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • MikeyRichardsMikeyRichards Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Wouldn't mind if it was U2. I really hope it's anyone but Winehouse, her voice just grates on me. :(
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    I wouldnt realy fancy Amy Winehouse doing it. Shes an ovverated junkie (but thats for a different thread). There have been all sorts of rumours in the UK media, i even heard Leona Lewis get metioned :-/
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    Luke Janus sounds right, he only needs some real brass instruments instead of the synths. Amy Winehouse would be perfect if she can control her drug habit. And U2 has been personal favourites for years!
  • Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    I just want to go on record as saying I believe the Luke Janus thing is a plant. I don't believe this MSNBC article exists. This post is a shameless self-promotion from Luke/Jimmy.

Oh, and I think Amy Winehouse would be fine to sing the theme for QoS, though I'd prefer Bjork.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,885Chief of Staff
    taity wrote:
    I think we should leave this thread open and discuss who we think will (and wont) be singing the theme. Abotu time we have a dedicated thread for it.

But how is this different from the other thread where we're discussing who we want/ don't want to sing the song? Already this is turning into the same thing. For the time being I'll leave the thread open to see if people really want to discuss the rumor in question, but don't be surprised if this gets closed--by me or by another mod.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • VirgilVirgil Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    If I understood correctly, rumour has it that it´s already down to a list of 5 people including U2 as first choice, and Luke Janus (who wouldn´t sing himself, but Amy Winehouse)as maybe second choice if U2 say no. But U2 will pen their own song, right? or is it that U2 will sing Luke´s song?
    If Amy Winehouse sang, I don´t think she would want to sing an unknown´s song though, she would come up with something herself.
  • ufboy73ufboy73 usaPosts: 103MI6 Agent
    Virgil wrote:
    If I understood correctly, rumour has it that it´s already down to a list of 5 people including U2 as first choice, and Luke Janus (who wouldn´t sing himself, but Amy Winehouse)as maybe second choice if U2 say no. But U2 will pen their own song, right? or is it that U2 will sing Luke´s song?
    If Amy Winehouse sang, I don´t think she would want to sing an unknown´s song though, she would come up with something herself.

i would find it highly unlikely that someone as established as songwriters like u2 would perform a song written by someone else, particularly with the exposure that a theme song might get. after all, they have written a number of songs for other people, not the other way around.

they are in sessions to record their next album so the timing could be right (i.e. already in the studio, playing around with ideas, etc.)
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    As I have said many times before, U2 are my favourite band, and seeing as Bond is my favourite film series, U2 performing a Bond song would be a dream come true! So naturally, they would be my first choice.

Ask for Amy Winehouse - don't go there.

This Luke guy's song is pretty good, and I think he used the title to good use, so a re-recorded version of that with real brass instruments etc would be great.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    If you fancy a laugh check this out:

http://www.radio1movies.com/2008/03/making-of-the-b.html

James King (Radio 1's film guy) and Edith Bowman (Radio 1 DJ) decided to do their own theme tune before everyone else. Word is Betty Boo is helping them produce it.......
  • StrykeStryke U.S.A.Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    U2 would probably be in a good position as well due to the fact they are currently writing and recording a new album so they are already in that "mode."
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Vandrell wrote:
    If you fancy a laugh check this out:

http://www.radio1movies.com/2008/03/making-of-the-b.html

James King (Radio 1's film guy) and Edith Bowman (Radio 1 DJ) decided to do their own theme tune before everyone else. Word is Betty Boo is helping them produce it.......

this is the updated version of this link. It was aparently put up today, and quite amusing! :))

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/edithbowman/bondtheme.shtml
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony