Bond Music On The RADIO

KissyLoverKissyLover AustraliaPosts: 139MI6 Agent
I'm happily looking through this wonderfull Bond forum and what do you think just came onto the radio? Live and Let Die performed by Wings...I love it when that sort of thing happens. ;)

Apart from this particular track though there seems to be a general lack of any other main themes, or any other music as a matter of fact, from any of the James Bond movies played on the radio. I think the only other tracks I have ever heard are the main themes from Goldfinger and YOLT.

Anyone experienced other tracks being played on their local radio stations? ?:)

Comments

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    Of the old themes, I've only ever heard LALD played. But then, I don't really listen to the radio much so I'm not really the right person to be answering the question. :p
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    "All Time High" pops up fairly regularly on the Easy Listening stations, and I've occasionally heard "For Your Eyes Only" on the '80s channels.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    I have heard "you know my name" mostly because i requested it. but that was in 2006
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    Since it started up, I used to regularly hear the theme songs on Saga FM, but since it changed (for the worse) to Smooth :# FM still hear them, but not as frequently.
  • MikeyRichardsMikeyRichards Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    I heard Nobody Does It Better on the radio a few weeks ago, as part of the 'guess what year it is from the songs' section of the show.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,588Chief of Staff
    Since it started up, I used to regularly hear the theme songs on Saga FM, but since it changed (for the worse) to Smooth :# FM still hear them, but not as frequently.

We get the odd Bond song on Smooth each week in Manchester.
    YNWA 97
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Heard Guns N Roses' version of "LALD" just yesterday.
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,344Chief of Staff
    Heard Guns N Roses' version of "LALD" just yesterday.

You have my deepest sympathy! :))
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,714MI6 Agent
    Amusingly Dermot O'Leary on BBC Radio 2 is doing a half hour of Bond isnspired music; LALD, Nobody Does it Better, Secret Agent Man, Moby's Bond theme; and bizarrely at the moment: 'Trespassers will be eaten' from the LALD soundtrack! :D

From 4.30pm on today's show if you want to liseten again! :)