Earlier release date for the UK?

LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
I've just seen this on MSN. Thought any Brit folk might be interested.

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=7849167
She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    This might make sense, the dates were very bunched up before. And it had the European premiere in Brussels and Paris, two days before the UK.

A Halloween opening?
    Craig wouldn't need a mask!
    :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I can't believe you've said that. ;)
    Mind you, you are a man, and just don't understand the beauty of some men! (Craig obvioulsy included :x)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,885Chief of Staff
    edited March 2008
    It doesn't seem too odd that the British premiere is a week before its American opening--isn't this par for the course? Anyway, I'm happy that for once a Bond film is opening here in November before my birthday--the last three opened after it, so I always felt I was getting my present late!

UPDATE: I added the MSN story to our own news section. Thanks for the link and the sharp eyes, Lexi!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    and how often is it that a Bond film comes aroundearly rather than late.
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    Looks like I'm celebrating All Hallows Eve with a trip to the UK.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    It doesn't seem too odd that the British premiere is a week before its American opening

Is there any chance then of having 2 count down banners.....one for UK and one for State side? :007)
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    Its been on the radio news all day in the UK. Word is that filming is ahead of shedule so they are getting it out sooner
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    edited March 2008
    Lexi wrote:
    I can't believe you've said that. ;)

I can :#

Well, this is good news for Brits---and great news for the British Anti-Craig Lobby*...a solid week of undeflected 'pooh-poohing' :)) More like Christmas than Halloween, right NP? :D

* Not that one actually exists :p ;)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    The earlier it is....the more extatic I get! :D :p

Roll on October......
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    edited March 2008
    Well now I feel even worse!! The reason is that in South Africa it is only opening on 28 November as far as I know Now that it's a week earlier in the UK, this means that I will have to have almost an entire month of dodging spoilers while on AJB (and a lot of impatient waiting, I expect!!) :(
  • spectre7spectre7 LondonPosts: 118MI6 Agent
    Being ahead of schedule in production has no bearing on the release date. The likes of Harry Potter will have more to do with it.
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Well its my Wedding Anniversary on the 30th -so I think my wife and I will be having a happy couple of days! Excellent.
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    Golrush007 wrote:
    Well now I feel even worse!! The reason is that in South Africa it is only opening on 28 November as far as I know Now that it's a week earlier in the UK, this means that I will have to have almost an entire month of dodging spoilers while on AJB (and a lot of impatient waiting, I expect!!) :(

I'm sure you can download a bootleg from somewhere ;) :v
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    I know I haven't been around much lately, so sorry if someone has beat me to it, but has anyone seen this yet? This is the first clip I've seen of Olga and Gemma, and some behind the scenes stuff.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=7090228
  • ChristmasChristmas Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    edited March 2008
    I thought Olga would look better in this movie. She looks a little odd. Gemma looks better than i thought she would though. That clip was good though, Panama scenes look good.