Ian Flemmin on From Russia with love

Giacomo-007Giacomo-007 ItalyPosts: 56MI6 Agent
I do not see Ian Fleming cameo in "From Russia with love."
I have read that appears nell'orient express, but I can not see it.

Comments

• JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Check this link out and you may find the answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeA5irCv06I
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Ahh yes, the Ian Fleming cameo.

I dont believe it is him, and there have been several topics written about reasons why its not him.

But then again, some people just need to believe...
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Then who is, and why is, that person standing there randomly? Strange.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Well I read somewhere that we dont see what it is in the field he is looking at. There could be something in the field hes watching. It is also a known cinematic trick to put a person next to an object (such as the train here) so that the audience can get some perspective on it. Maybe that random man was in there primarily to add things to the screen because Young felt that the shot would have been too empty without something there.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    Tht fellow may have a white sweater, but he is also wearing a knit blue cap and is too swarthy to be Ian Fleming - whose mother would no doubt have thrashed him for such poor posture.

The fellow in the "cameo" is clearing watching over a cow seen at the right of the screen.

Had Fleming desired a cameo, I am sure the producers would have provided one .... but watching over a cow?
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited March 2008
    7289 wrote:
    Had Fleming desired a cameo, I am sure the producers would have provided one .... but watching over a cow?
    Perhaps that was Fleming's misguided view of the film at the time. ;) (I can't believe I just said that; I love FRWL. :# :)) )
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman