No Villiers?

If Villiers isn't in QOS and it takes place very shortly afterwards then where is he? Is this ever explaned or is it a bit of a plot hole. It's a shame he wont be in it as Tobias Menizes (not sure if i spent that right) is a fantastic actor and his character had tons of potential. On the other hand, Tanner should be a good adition to MI6

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,885Chief of Staff
    To me this is no big deal--there have been several characters seen only once in the office (Penelope Smallbone, Molly Warmflash, Carstairs, etc.), and we've never questioned why we don't see them again.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,670Chief of Staff
    It would have been nice to see Villiers back - but I'm more than happy to see Tanner back on screen.
    YNWA 97
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    edited April 2008
    My heart isn't broken. I could care less if he returns. Tanner is just as good.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    I thought Menzies was excellent as Brutus in HBO's magnificent Rome...and he was serviceable in CR as Villiers, but he simply wasn't given much to do---there's no room for ancillary MI6 characters, especially with Dame Judi's M World Tour continuing to expand.

Basically, Villiers was a trivial character who had a few lines necessary to inform the audience about Bond. He won't be missed by most fans.

Menzies would make a fine villain one day.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    He towered over Dame Judi. The heights are all very odd, I mean Craig ain't tall and he towers a bit over Greene the villain, who in turn towers over Dame Judi. Yet you would never know watching Casablanca that Bogie was only 5ft 4 in.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    I don't care in the slightest that Villiers isn't returning. He's not a particularly significant character to me. What I would like is for Moneypenny (and Q) to return. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. :#
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    we need tannner back not villiers

and keep tanner back forever