New Fan Fiction -> Wienerblut

SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
I would like to announce a brand new fan fiction by Matt aka Golrush007.

I hope you all enjoy it, please feel free to leave your comments here and I'm sure Matt will appreciate it and answer any of your questions.

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/fanfiction/wienerblut.php
Simon

Comments

• DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    When I first read the name I was thinking hot dogs and blood :))

I'll give it a read later on
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters
    DAWUSS wrote:

Well hopefully the strange title might act as some sort of lure!

Thanks of course to SiCo for putting it online. And I hope you enjoy it DAWUSS. It is not like any of my previous Bond stuff - and I kind of expect it to be controversial, but i'll let you make up your own mind! ;)
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Fantastic! A new fan fiction...I look forward to reading it! :)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,330Chief of Staff
    DAWUSS wrote:

Well, it made me think of Strauss music...
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    For those who do not speak German, the title translates into "Vienna Blood". I think it has a very sinister aspect to it.

But I'm treading on Golrush's territory. Since I haven't read the story yet, I will rely on Golrush's creative insight to explain the title further. :)
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Good indeed to see a new fanfic up. I'll be giving it a read over the next couple of days too. Great title!
    I'm delighted by all the comments surrounding the title. . . In fact, the reason I chose this title is that it implies quite a few things, all of which refer to the story (except perhaps the hot dog reference ;) ! )

May I also refer you to an entry on my blog site which explains a little about the title and the story as well as the trip to Vienna which inspired my fan fic.
    Just read the first story -and enjoyed it. :)

Although I didn't get its last line -it sort of went over my head I'm afraid -but then again its only 8.30 am -so perhaps I'm not awake yet! Still you used some great imagery and there were some great moments and the characters were all well formed.

I'll read the other tale later and give you my thoughts.
  • Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    Isn't Wienerblut a Laibach song?
    edited April 2008
    Yes, I believe it is, although I didn't know that when I came up with the title. :p

And thanks Sc1 for the kind words about the first story. I hope you enjoy the second one as well - it is very short and is only a brief glimpse into a moment of the life of Bond. I hope it makes interesting reading though!!

Unfortunately SiCo seems to be having a problem with advertising the fan fic on the main page, so downloads are going very slowly at this point - after all, it is only us hardened Literature forum veterans who are aware of it!! But if anybody has managed to find it and read it, I would be very glad of feedback. Constructive criticism is always helpful (and so is praise, where applicable!! :p )
    New Fanfiction interview about Wienerblutt is now up -feel free to comment on both the interview and the stories here. :D
    Having read the sublime second vignet of Matt's -I have to say we have a talented writer in our midst. A Chance To Die -although brief -is a great mood piece and sees 007 taking stock on his own situation and a muaudlin moment or two occurrs which is soon put straight by his attractive date. Excellent Matt -very well done. Truly Bondian despite the lack of a villain! :D
    Having read the sublime second vignet of Matt's -I have to say we have a talented writer in our midst. A Chance To Die -although brief -is a great mood piece and sees 007 taking stock on his own situation and a muaudlin moment or two occurrs which is soon put straight by his attractive date. Excellent Matt -very well done. Truly Bondian despite the lack of a villain! :D

Many thanks for this very positive appraisal of my short story. With such a tale it was always going to be unusual and require some decent writing to work, so I'm very glad you enjoyed it! :D