OHMSS 40th Anniv?

Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
Next year is the OHMSS 40th anniv. Does anybody know if a reunion is planned, al the GF one this year? I would very much like to join my OHMSS fellow collectors, and I volunteer to bring my Olive Green DBS, complete w/ sniper scope (!) to the event. Let's get going on this, 2009 is nearly here!

Comments

• scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    I am in I will display every OHMSS prop I have should be cool if we cant get Pinewood to host it why dont we hire an exhibition hall.... and do it ourselfs.

I will have the Aston accessory ready for then. sound good.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Even better if they can have it at Piz Gloria like they did a few years back.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited April 2008
    assslap.gif oh, that was my proposal on the other thread this morning X-(
    So I take it as an ok for the James Bond breakfast there... smiley_kissing.gif
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I know exactly what to order for you blowingup.gif
    :#

edited April 2008
    well I thing this is a thing for serious fans... and I am keen to push ahead with this hosting it at the BO'NESS James Bond museum ... anyone interested in contributing or attending etc should Pm me or any one willing to help should contact me...

I am busy just now but will looking into this idea in great depth soon... I have spoken privitely to some major collectors and bond players and it could be a winner.

One thing I have learned in life is that if you want somethign go for it ,,, u want something done do it yourself... ,, and if the usual chanels dont supply something go above and beyond them to get it.
    edited April 2008
    I haven't seen OHMSS for a while, so I don't recall exactly the scene, where the Bo'ness museum can be seen.

yea hillarious that joke was about as funny as leprosy.

seems like a good place to hold it ... the major Bond element ... if you got a bog group of Bond fans together you could practicaly have the run of the village were it is... nice and quiet etc
    yea hillarious that joke was about as funny as leprosy.

Charming, seems Scotland lacks a sense of humour as well as Bond locations.

No doubt Bondstars.com will be arranging something for next year, probably in Pinewood, which is not as good as Piz Gloria obviously, bt they do have George Lazenby on their books still and I'm sure he would be up for it. Their events are usually very good indeed and I can't see them missinga monumental ocasion such as this.
    edited April 2008
    sorry to say there not going to be ...doing anything

also there are quite a few Bond locations and Bond related places in Scotland .. were they filmed the FRWL boat chase and the helichopter chase... there is many places from the novels .. etc.. also there is the TWINE MI6 headquarters castle.

yea great sense of humour up here,

its typical english houmor that lacks it. take some of your english comedians for example ..

lenny henry .I though he was dead ,, oh no just saw him die on his AR** many a time .

who else my god the circuit is full of them...

Peter kay - a blob that need to change that bloody blue shirt once in a while, You can almost smell the BO through the TV.
    garlic bread and cheese cake sorry but it wasnt funny to begin with ,... its time you stopped playing blackpool were the gene puddles laugh at anything.. mostly because there pi**ed out of there heads on special brew before he comes on ... and it aint great when your biscut breaks into your cup of tea...

the only english comedian that has ever been any good is paul whitehouse from the fast show... the guy is a genius.. although technicaly he aint a stand up but still there should be a statue somewere of him.

and Harry hill is is best comedian on TV at the moment the guy is another genuis
    edited April 2008
    sorry to say there not going to be ...doing anything

also there are quite a few Bond locations and Bond related places in Scotland .. were they filmed the FRWL boat chase and the helichopter chase... there is many places from the novels .. etc.. also there is the TWINE MI6 headquarters castle.

yea great sense of humour up here,

its typical english houmor that lacks it. take some of your english comedians for example ..

lenny henry .I though he was dead ,, oh no just saw him die on his AR** many a time .

who else my god the circuit is full of them...

Peter kay - a blob that need to change that bloody blue shirt once in a while, You can almost smell the BO through the TV.
    garlic bread and cheese cake sorry but it wasnt funny to begin with ,... its time you stopped playing blackpool were the gene puddles laugh at anything.. mostly because there pi**ed out of there heads on special brew before he comes on ... and it aint great when your biscut breaks into your cup of tea...

the only english comedian that has ever been any good is paul whitehouse from the fast show... the guy is a genius.. although technicaly he aint a stand up but still there should be a statue somewere of him.

and Harry hill is is best comedian on TV at the moment the guy is another genuis

What the Hell is that about?

?:) Bondtoys is German.
    edited April 2008
    Yes, but we absolutely don't have any humor here as well together with a total lack of comedians, who keep up to SGGs standards :D

edited April 2008
    ok i see this is going to go on and on yes ?

lets keep it up LOL see how far we can take this verbal ping pong
    LOL

I tell you what hers some funny clips to break the ice enjoy..bond related of course

spy hard titles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVZHug2ZImk

the legendary dave allen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcXGObhcTW4
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    None of you are funny; does that level the playing field enough for you? BACK TO TOPIC, please.
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
    edited April 2008
    Ok I do appologise for the comments about the suposed comedians I mentioned above. and I do appologise for my childish behaviour.

If you have been effected by any of the issues raised in this topic please call this number.

0800 267845368 887

sorry could'nt resist one last one... again sorry cheif of staff...

ok back to the topic...

anyone got any good suggestions as to what to have at the event...
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    OK then!
    I have communicated with Bondstars, and they have written back that, at this time, they have no interest in doing an OHMSS 40th, as they said that they have just done a Lazenby gig within 2 years, and there wouldn't be enough interest. I disagree, especially now that this AJB site has grown, and more people are interested in Bond than ever before! Just look at Aston prices in general, and, more specifically, the DBS OHMSS model has DOUBLED in 2 years, just like the DB5 did!
    OHMSS itself has grown tremendously in interest, and nearly every thread I read about that film ranks it in the top 3 Bonds.
    Let's get together on this, and have an ultimate 40th reunion. Holding it at Piz Gloria would be one idea, however, the vast majority of fans need a larger, easier to get to venue, and I agree that the Bo'ness museum, with its Bond Bar, may be the ideal venue, especially if Bondstars shows no interest, and we can't get Pinewood.
    WHATEVER we do, we must start planning NOW, and come up with a date and venue by the end of May, which would only be 1 year from the date of the event. I suggest holding it from May-Sept, for the weather, and ease of Intl travel.
    Let's get Lazenby booked, and maybe Dame Diana...
    I am currently looking into getting Lazenby .... I will be able to put more into the planning of this in a few weeks... But as Gebruder Gumbold said lets get together on this and do something by the fans for the fans ..instead of sitting around waiting for the usual organisations and sources to arrange events... we could all pull our recources and do something really really big...

We could all team up instead of putting the idea down... its all good and well to sit on these forums and slag off ideas and sugestions .... but it would be alot better to come in with some positive information ... and input ... so that when you attend the event . you can see how your input and time has payed off... and obviously there would be an event brochure which would acknowledge your input
  • www.bondstars.comwww.bondstars.com Pinewood Studios, LondonPosts: 373Chief of Staff
    I don't ever recall saying that there would be no interest from Bond fans if we did another OHMSS event, judging by the interest in the first event we could have easily arranged another 4 or 5.
    www.bondstars.com - The stars' official online autograph store
    www.allstarautographs.co.uk - Autographs, Private Signings & Events
    www.honorblackman.co.uk - Official Honor Blackman website
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    Andy,
    You wrote to me, and stated that your company had "..no interest in doing it again," after the night with GL and OHMSS screening.
    Therefore, we can only construe that Bondstars is not planning anything for OHMSS 40th.
    If you are, then let's pool our resources.
    It will take quite a long time to book this event, and it worries me that you also wrote that you don't "plan that far ahead."
    I do, because I am planning on sacrificing over 1 year of ownership of my new DBS, that is in England, that I will leave there instead of bringing her back to the USA, just so it can be part of the 40th OHMSS. That level of committment you won't find every day, and I would appreciate it if you would step up, and pledge to do the event, or not. ScaramangasGG has written to me, and now is trying to book the Bo'ness museum, and working on GL. He is totally committed to making the OHMSS 40th a success, and I invite you to join in, and make it the mega hit that your company delivers!
    It's funny that isnt it

when A good Idea comes around ... at first its brushed aside then all of a sudden ... it might be a winner.
  • www.bondstars.comwww.bondstars.com Pinewood Studios, LondonPosts: 373Chief of Staff
    Correct, I did write to you stating that we were not planning to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of OHMSS. What I did not say was that there would be no interest from the fans so no point in arranging anything.

Good luck with your plans
    www.bondstars.com - The stars' official online autograph store
    www.allstarautographs.co.uk - Autographs, Private Signings & Events
    www.honorblackman.co.uk - Official Honor Blackman website
  • ohmss1969ohmss1969 EuropePosts: 141MI6 Agent
    VERY unlikely that Rigg wants any part in this , unless she's offered some serious coin for it thus making it waaaay over budget....otherwise I bet she'll decline it.
    edited May 2008
    None of you are funny; does that level the playing field enough for you? BACK TO TOPIC, please.

...and I insist: Asp9mm and me are funny, ... very... :D

ok anyway

I agree pulling recourses on this would be a better idea than a dispute...

I am however involved in the planing of some event coming soon...

i do hope to start making plans soon ...

Gumbold... I think it would be better if you took you car back to the US . where it would be a lot safer and would cost you less for the restoration...

I also agree Diana rigg would cost a lot... and send the event way over the top ... but we can try no harm in that ... it is a film aniversary that most deffinetly should be celabrated in a major way...

I will be back on my website updating and doing a lot of prop work and planning for events such as this next week... 24 - 7